JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello, I’m looking into portaling my 2024 talon. But because of the 24 mm axel nut it doesn’t seem possible right now. Is there a work around for this? Please do let me know!
Welcome to the club from South Florida.

We need some pics of your buggy man, where about in FL are you and where do you ride?

Reactions: Smittyp and TxDoc
T

That1mullet

Aug 4, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
IMG 0572
IMG 0493
Here’s some pics. Pretty much stock besides the 35” Aztecs, snorkel, and rough country list.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’ve chatted with superatv and they said they weren’t sure when or if they’d make portals for the 2024 talon. The only difference that I’ve found that prevents the portals is the axel nut being bigger.
Maybe you could just put 4 earlier outer CV joints on your axles. Not sure how different the hubs may be though (like if the newer CVs have a larger outside diameter).

T

That1mullet

Aug 4, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Maybe you could just put 4 earlier outer CV joints on your axles. Not sure how different the hubs may be though (like if the newer CVs have a larger outside diameter).
I’ve heard this suggestion before and sounds like a good route. I’ve just never done anything like that and was wondering if there is a simpler solution. I’m also curious if anyone has done it.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’ve heard this suggestion before and sounds like a good route. I’ve just never done anything like that and was wondering if there is a simpler solution. I’m also curious if anyone has done it.
I can't help with any details, just a WAG on my part. :oops: It would be a fairly inexpensive route if the dimensions are right but there's no telling what measurements may have changed for the parts, like the helical splines.

I'm not sure if you can just buy the outer CV from Honda or if you'd have to buy the axle assembly (axle assembled with outer CV).

Maybe someone has an axle or damaged outer CV you could test fit (dealer?). If you were closer, we could try mine ... but we aren't.

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Rough country winch*
I’m in the treasure coast area. Most recently just have been riding the prairie.
@JenElio
Sweet!! I'm down in Loxahatchee but we ride up at the prairie once in a while too. I've heard cops are cracking down a bit more out there now though

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Hello_Darkness might be able to help out with some specs on this...??

But like @CID mentioned I think the best bet would be to have a 23/22 next to yours and compare suspension and mounting locations

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
PS - check an online site for hub part numbers between yours and earlier models. If they're the same, you're lookin' good.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smittyp
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The 2023 non S & 2024 models hubs don't fit earlier models. The 2023 S model and any 2022-2019 model are the same hub. The only part that's different is the outer joint and nut.

I belive the splines on the 2023 Non S and 2024 models are not straight cut like previously. But I haven't had one off yet to see for sure.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I’ve chatted with superatv and they said they weren’t sure when or if they’d make portals for the 2024 talon. The only difference that I’ve found that prevents the portals is the axel nut being bigger.
Hey! The 2023+ updates should be ready in about a month. They needed a new gear and recessed nut.

advertisement