P1000 28" roctanes on...

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
I got my 28" roctanes and m12 diesel wheels on today. Very happy with them. No rubbing. Each wheel combo weighs 10lbs more than stock FYI.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks real good!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Dallas Nice looking setup, I am intending to go with 28x10x14 Roctane XD's myself. Can you tell me what wheel offset you used? 4x3 on 7" wide rims? and if so what is your overall width now outside tire to outside tire? OEM is 62.9" curious how much wider you are,

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
Thanks. No I have never had the Bighorns, I was going to get them, but the horror stories of sidewall punctures scared me away. Yes I went with the 4+3 wheel, 7" wide. I can go measure tomorrow, but the rear is nearly identical due to the fact the stock tires are 11" and the Octanes are 10". The front is wider, but not by much, I would guess maybe 3" wider MAX. I would have liked to run 30's, but not until some a arms and a pipe/tuner combo comes out.

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
Thanks. No I have never had the Bighorns, I was going to get them, but the horror stories of sidewall punctures scared me away. Yes I went with the 4+3 wheel, 7" wide. I can go measure tomorrow, but the rear is nearly identical due to the fact the stock tires are 11" and the Octanes are 10". The front is wider, but not by much, I would guess maybe 3" wider MAX. I would have liked to run 30's, but not until some a arms and a pipe/tuner combo comes out.

Alright @JACKAL just for you....64" rear width and 66" front. Some other observations...You can feel the added weight/rolling diameter (mainly the weight I imagine). It's by no means sluggish, but it takes a bit more gas to get movin quickly. I only ran it up to 50MPH on the asphalt, but they were smooth with no shaking, I do have the RIDE ON tire balancing liquid from Rocky Mtn. ATV. On that note, Rocky Mtn. shipped me a set of lug nuts which they said would fit...12x1.25mm. Obviously they did not, thankfully the local parts store had some 12x1.5's. They are more controllable/easier to power slide with. I didn't check the pressure in them as I was running out of time, but they feel stiffer which they should as they are 8 ply. The buggy is for 80% farm use, 10% drive down to the corner store use and 10% play which is why I liked the flatter profile of the Roctane in addition to the fact it is a radial.

Reactions: PineTree and JACKAL
blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for the info on your great looking tires and wheels. This is the exact setup I plan on getting when I finally take delivery of my 1000. I've never ridden the Bighorn 2.0's, so I'll give them a shot for awhile first, but I want to go with an 8 ply radial so I'll probably ditch them by spring.

sajnaj

sajnaj

Jul 5, 2015
clinton indiana
these three are on my list to replace my current set when then the time comes
roctanes, original bighorns , blackwater evo

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
Those were the three choices I had as well. I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of them.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Alright @JACKAL just for you....64" rear width and 66" front. Some other observations...You can feel the added weight/rolling diameter (mainly the weight I imagine). It's by no means sluggish, but it takes a bit more gas to get movin quickly. I only ran it up to 50MPH on the asphalt, but they were smooth with no shaking, I do have the RIDE ON tire balancing liquid from Rocky Mtn. ATV. On that note, Rocky Mtn. shipped me a set of lug nuts which they said would fit...12x1.25mm. Obviously they did not, thankfully the local parts store had some 12x1.5's. They are more controllable/easier to power slide with. I didn't check the pressure in them as I was running out of time, but they feel stiffer which they should as they are 8 ply. The buggy is for 80% farm use, 10% drive down to the corner store use and 10% play which is why I liked the flatter profile of the Roctane in addition to the fact it is a radial.

Thanks for measuring that @Dallas tell me everything I need to know, going with 6+1 offset rims to maintain stock width. Only got 65" width in front part of my Toyhauler garage because of a second bathroom.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you thought about buying what you want and then putting them on after you back out? You could keep the stock wheels and tires just for transportation.

A small jack and a craftsman 19.2v Impact wrench would make quick work of it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have you thought about buying what you want and then putting them on after you back out? You could keep the stock wheels and tires just for transportation.

A small jack and a craftsman 19.2v Impact wrench would make quick work of it.

What I want is a 60" wide Honda 1000 CC SXS with 100 HP and 16" of travel, but we are about 2 years away from that, so the OEM rims or 6+1 offset wheels on a Pioneer 1000 are the closest I can buy to what I want. I want to be able to pass through the 60" gates in Utah in my P1K and the 50" gates in my P500. 4+3 offsets jack all that up by 4-5" in width every time.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I gotcha. I didn't get the Paul Harvey version so I thought the trailer was the only hang up.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I gotcha. I didn't get the Paul Harvey version so I thought the trailer was the only hang up.
LOL I was on the fence between the 5+2 or the 6+1 offset rims and Dallas confirmed my suspicion that those front OEM wheels were only +1" offset to begin with and are 1" narrower to boot the 7" wide aftermarket rims. So best case scenario with aftermarket Rims is to be 62" wide with 6+1 and hope it clears the gates, I know all the metal OHV bridges were 72" wide.

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
I wondered the same thing...why no deluxe 3 seater. Sure feel free...I can get some better pics this coming weekend if you want.

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
I wondered the same thing...why no deluxe 3 seater. Sure feel free...I can get some better pics this coming weekend if you want.

From the $ side I can see why they didn't due to the differences between the two models when adding the features of the base but still. The step up on both the 3 and the 5 should've included the same features in my opinion.

Thanks man... If you're up for it, it wouldn't hurt my feelings haha ;). If you did that then I'd love to do a full spread on yours with a detailed writeup etc. I know it takes time to do pictures etc so if you're not up for it that's fine but if you do some shots let me know and we'll exchange emails so the quality doesn't get zapped when uploading.

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
I have a female who can model if that's what you guys want...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!