H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Still runs like new. I never liked abusing my toys but I do drive them hard at times. The improved suspension makes it so much more fun. In the really bad washboard with the stock suspension it was so bad I had to drive with one hand and hold my balls with my other hand. Same for a couple of my buddy’s with the Talon X.

One buddy has the live valve suspension and its better but he wants a softer ride in the washboard and rocky trails. He asked about Shock Therapy. I told him to tell them your 90 year old mother rides with you so you have to have a really comfortable setup and to also check with Weller Racing too. I think its important to have long soft tender springs like the Eibach springs on my 2020 Talon with the stock valving.

Just checked the intake horn clamps. I checked them at my setup when new and tightened them probably ¼ turn. The threads were not crushed so I slightly crimped them close to the nut. I just hate removing the airbox cover. Washing the cover and all around it helps but you can count on some dirt falling into the clean side. I also use a toothbrush to clean the top cover groove and that helps.

On a 80 mile ride my buddy busted the sidewall on his front tire at 20 miles. One of the guys had a Side Wall Slug. It worked great and still held the 18 PSI the next day. The inside of the tire was patched and a tube was installed. They did break the bolt off per instructions. It looks like the Side Wall Slug is light enough to be able to wear out the tire without any problems. With a tube installed you can’t fix a flat on the trail so having a spare is necessary. Most of the guys have a Side Wall Slug in their tire repair kit now. I ordered some from the Forum Store plus some wiring kits too. Several don’t carry a spare tire.

Sidewallslug SideWallSlug1 SideWallSlug2 SideWallSlug4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!