• Thread starter Bradley-Thornton
  • Start date
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was wondering if you put the 32” tires on the stock wheels?

When I ordered the tires, I also ordered STI HD9 bead lock wheels. There were only 2 in stock and it was supposed to be a week or so for the other wheels to get in. It seems they're on backorder because I cant find anyone that has them in stock. So while I wear down the stock tires my Terrabites are sitting in the garage. I'll mount them to the stock wheels soon if the HD9's take too long to be available.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I went with the Method 409 wheel 15x7, 5+2 offset and 32x10x15 Terramasters. B side out, 1.5” spacer in the rear. It was one of the lightest set ups I could find without going to a full race tire at nearly double the price. I’ll let you know how they do when my Talon is back from its frame replacement in a couple weeks.

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
When I ordered the tires, I also ordered STI HD9 bead lock wheels. There were only 2 in stock and it was supposed to be a week or so for the other wheels to get in. It seems they're on backorder because I cant find anyone that has them in stock. So while I wear down the stock tires my Terrabites are sitting in the garage. I'll mount them to the stock wheels soon if the HD9's take too long to be available.
Have you got your STIs yet? I was told that STI is in the middle of switching distributors. And all shipments have been stopped until then. Approximately February 28th.

Reactions: clynwoodg
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have you got your STIs yet? I was told that STI is in the middle of switching distributors. And all shipments have been stopped until then. Approximately February 28th.

I originally wanted to have 6+1's all the way around but I saw that RMATV had the 4+3's in stock a few weeks back so I bought a pair of those to complete the set. I was desperate since I kept getting flats with the stock tires. I am now running 6+1's up front and 4+3's in the back on 32x10-15 Terrabite tires and so far it's been working well for me.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I went with Method wheels and 32” Kanari Terramasters. 31” tall at 12 psi. We went for a 50 mile ride Sunday . Everything from hard pack and rocks to sandy loamy areas and some light mud. They seemed to do great. You can feel the difference in the larger tire. Rolls over ruts that would suck the 28”s in. The extra clearance is nice too. I didn’t really notice any power difference on the trails. There was some loss on the top end on our pavement portion to and from the trails.
D74212BB F8E4 4337 ABE0 34A09598ACF4

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
I have 32 inch ITP Terra Hooks on my X4. They have excellent traction and are lighter than most other tires, about the same weight as carnivores.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
I went with Method wheels and 32” Kanari Terramasters. 31” tall at 12 psi. We went for a 50 mile ride Sunday . Everything from hard pack and rocks to sandy loamy areas and some light mud. They seemed to do great. You can feel the difference in the larger tire. Rolls over ruts that would suck the 28”s in. The extra clearance is nice too. I didn’t really notice any power difference on the trails. There was some loss on the top end on our pavement portion to and from the trails. View attachment 185139
I really like those wheels. I almost bought a set of them. Light weight, inexpensive and very stylish. I ended up going with Alba bead locks instead, but still love those Method 409s.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I really like those wheels. I almost bought a set of them. Light weight, inexpensive and very stylish. I ended up going with Alba bead locks instead, but still love those Method 409s.
Thanks, I looked at the ITP as well. The ultracross I think it was that a friend has on his machine. A lightweight package was my goal. I looked hard at the Carnivores for the weight and aggressive tread and decided to go with the Kanati 10 ply tire for the additional sidewall strength and contact patch to ground profile. We ride in sharp rocky glacial till material in the PNW the Carnivores would do well in but the sidewall is their weak point.

GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Has anyone or do you know of anyone putting Interco N/78-15 boggers on there Talon

GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well guys I rolled the dice and ordered 31 x 9.50 x 15 tsl for my X. I hope I didn’t screw up badly...... suppose to be here on the 13th. Will send pics and let you know how they ride and climb. Already had another set of wheels I’m putting them on that are red/black so I hope it looks good if anything. LOL

GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
They weigh 44 lbs a piece😱😱

Reactions: BWAF
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I have three rides on my new BFG KM3 (ATV not DOT) 32x10x15. I had been running Terrabites (Kevlar Aramid) 30x10x15. I had problems with my terrabites holding air on bead locks, moved them to my stock rims, then had a tire problem on the trails that I couldn't plug. My thoughts on 32", the look great, they handle well and ride well(at 10 psi, less and the rear seems to bulge too much.. They have more road noise than the tusks.

I think they at 32" are too big though, here's why: the machine used to shift right where I would shift. Now, I end up using the paddle shift because it isn't shifting early enough. Speedo is off by 5 mph, and I have to multiply 1.124 x the odometer to get the actual mileage for the trip. When slowing, it doesn't seem like the brakes are as effective. The RPM doesn't drop where it used to and now I end up braking more, where before the rpm would drop as I got to that say last 5-10 mph to slowly crawl. Has to get to less than 3 mph for idle to drop, so I'm on the brakes until it does. I might be getting better MPG. Where I was getting 15-16, I have gotten 17.6 mpg on the last ride. Your experience may differ.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced these things?

Reactions: SpeedBuggy
GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I did get a short ride yesterday after mounting the 31 TSL’s on mine. Because of my “youthful” haste I forgot to set the tire pressure, and just took off. The actual ride was pretty good. The biggest issue I had was brakes!!!! Stopping distance doubled at least. On another note, when I got back home I washed it and finally remembered to check tire pressure. It was 38lbs in all 4! LOL I lowered to 20 but hadn’t rode again. Shifting was pretty normal, top end speed lowered a bit.

Reactions: HavasuDave
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
You probably would be happier with no more than 15 psi, ride it a bit and then try 10 psi. Your ride conditions may vary from mine. 👍🏻

Reactions: Lil_Steve
GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree 100%!! I was gonna start high and work down.... but I’m sure you are correct.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I have three rides on my new BFG KM3 (ATV not DOT) 32x10x15. I had been running Terrabites (Kevlar Aramid) 30x10x15. I had problems with my terrabites holding air on bead locks, moved them to my stock rims, then had a tire problem on the trails that I couldn't plug. My thoughts on 32", the look great, they handle well and ride well(at 10 psi, less and the rear seems to bulge too much.. They have more road noise than the tusks.

I think they at 32" are too big though, here's why: the machine used to shift right where I would shift. Now, I end up using the paddle shift because it isn't shifting early enough. Speedo is off by 5 mph, and I have to multiply 1.124 x the odometer to get the actual mileage for the trip. When slowing, it doesn't seem like the brakes are as effective. The RPM doesn't drop where it used to and now I end up braking more, where before the rpm would drop as I got to that say last 5-10 mph to slowly crawl. Has to get to less than 3 mph for idle to drop, so I'm on the brakes until it does. I might be getting better MPG. Where I was getting 15-16, I have gotten 17.6 mpg on the last ride. Your experience may differ.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced these things?
I run the 30X10X15 Terrabite Kevlars on System3 Beadlocks and do not have any leaking issues. I lose the obligatory 1 or 2 pounds every couple of weeks that is normal for a beadlock.

You can fix the speedo by installing a SpeedoDRD on the VSS Sensor located on the front differential clutch. This sensor only affects the speedo.

You may be able to correct the shifting by adding 2 more SpeedoDRD units on the front and rear VS Sensors. These sensors affect the DCT and how it shifts.

Your other option is to adjust the shift tables in the DCT portion of the tune but looking at the tables, this may be somewhat daunting.

Reactions: stellarpod

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!