BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ride report for 31 TSLs: After playing with air pressure, I finally have left it on around 12lbs. 1-10 scale. Hill climbing a good 9. Mud a good 8 but don’t do much. Trail riding maybe a 7. All in all I would buy again today!!! For 600$. 31” tire that will last a long long time, don’t know how you could go wrong. IMO
For more traction and better ride get hot tire groover and cut center lug I'd my federals helped alot could do everyone too

20200404 094012 20200105 160649

Reactions: Mudwing
GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes sir BWAF! It’s already in the works. Funny story, I ran into a guy on the trails who suggested that last week and then offered to let me borrow his.... I was like heck yeah👍👍. I am in total agreement with you and really think the tires will be even better. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes sir BWAF! It’s already in the works. Funny story, I ran into a guy on the trails who suggested that last week and then offered to let me borrow his.... I was like heck yeah👍👍. I am in total agreement with you and really think the tires will be even better. Thanks for the advice!

View attachment 194563
Make sure it is good and hot ,take you time slow and steady or you'll break blades

Reactions: Mudwing
GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Will do man! I wish I had it this weekend since we are “grounded” from going anywhere. Speaking of, hope everyone stays healthy through this virus situation!

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just wanted to come back and say so far so good on the STI X Comp ATR Radial 32s They are great on sand, mud, all types of roads, haven't did a hard core trip to the mountains yet but by the looks of them I really don't see that being a problem but will chime back when I do.

Reactions: CID and JenElio
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If you want to correct the Speedo only then you need 1. If you want to correct the Speedo AND the the signals going to the DCT, you will need 3 of them.

Note: the 2 used by the DCT must be programmed exactly the same or the DCT will freak out.
I have 32's on my Talon now so what you are saying I will need to buy 3 of these speedo DRD to correct everything as far as speedometer and shifting. Do you leave these DRD on the machine for good? And how do you program the drd does it have a button on it or do you use a laptop or something?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have 32's on my Talon now so what you are saying I will need to buy 3 of these speedo DRD to correct everything as far as speedometer and shifting. Do you leave these DRD on the machine for good? And how do you program the drd does it have a button on it or do you use a laptop or something?
I used the DRD on my dirt bike to compensate for gearing changes - they stay plugged in on the vehicle, are programmed with a button and a varying colored LED confirming status. No laptop involved. I don't know how many are needed in this application.

I reprogrammed mine with every gearing change (easier on a motorcycle obviously).

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I used the DRD on my dirt bike to compensate for gearing changes - they stay plugged in on the vehicle, are programmed with a button and a varying colored LED confirming status. No laptop involved. I don't know how many are needed in this application.

I reprogrammed mine with every gearing change (easier on a motorcycle obviously).
@CID is correct and let me add...
  • According to Brooks from 12oClockLabs, they are completely waterproof and submersible.
  • You will need 1 to correct only the speedo.
  • You will need an additional 2 to correct the DCT shifting
  • Adding 2 to correct the DCT shifting has NOT been tested on the Talon that I am aware of. Some postings here report that it works very well on the Pioneer after IGR or Portal installs with bigger tires. Bigger tires without IGR or Portals is an effective gear change but not the same as with IGR or Portals so it may or may not fix the shifting. No one has ponied up the extra $140 to find out that I know of.

Reactions: CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!