BOX1
J

JoshB

Jun 11, 2016
Austin TX
I want to add 5 light bars to my pioneer 1000-5. I would like to have 2 in the front ie roof and bumper and one for each side and rear all controlled by switches.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Do i need to get a extra battery?

Do i need to update the alternator so that it charges both batteries if 2 is necessary?

Any simple stereo recommendations that work off blue tooth?

I know that i will need relays but not sure what the best way is to go about planning this project. I dont have any plans for winches so it will mainly be for light bars and eventually a simple stereo that can be used with blue tooth. Please let me know if you have any experience with this and can show pictures or lead me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to add 5 light bars to my pioneer 1000-5. I would like to have 2 in the front ie roof and bumper and one for each side and rear all controlled by switches.

Do i need to update the alternator so that it charges both batteries if 2 is necessary?

I know that i will need relays but not sure what the best way is to go about planning this project. I dont have any plans for winches so it will mainly be for light bars and eventually a simple stereo that can be used with blue tooth. Please let me know if you have any experience with this and can show pictures or lead me in the right direction. Thanks in advance
Well your well your already in the right direction because your on this forum! First with the lights you might want yo look into a dual battery set up with isolator. No need for a bigger "alternator"/ stator. For the stereo there a plenty to choose from all the way from the Wetsounds to a regular pill zip tied to the roll bar. There are several forums that will walk you through anything and everything you want to add to your rig! Keep a look out for cumminspusher,joeymt,hondasxs,Jackyl, there are a few others that I can't remember but they know what they are talking about! Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Eltobgi
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am currently running 2 flood cubes on the a pillar, 12" spot/flood combo on the bumper, 2 flood cubes on the rear & 6 speaker wet sounds bar with no extra battery and everything is working well.

Reactions: JTW
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am currently running 2 flood cubes on the a pillar, 12" spot/flood combo on the bumper, 2 flood cubes on the rear & 6 speaker wet sounds bar with no extra battery and everything is working well.

View attachment 16746
It will work fine until you forget to turn something off while n the middle of nowhere. The extra battery with isolator will run all the lights sound winch etc. and if the accessory battery dies you still have the main battery to start your rig and go home.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 16746
you have a photo of the mounts you used for the A pillar cubes? did you purchase them, if so, from where? or did you fab them yourself? cubes are the way I want to go but I cant seem to find any brackets.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you have a photo of the mounts you used for the A pillar cubes? did you purchase them, if so, from where? or did you fab them yourself? cubes are the way I want to go but I cant seem to find any brackets.
I used factory mounts to the fender mount, I just used a longer bolt.

J

JoshB

Jun 11, 2016
Austin TX

I dont have a windshield and used 1.75 inch brackets to mount the light pods ie cubes. Here is the link

A Pillar Light Mount

I chose the 1.75inch size and they fit perfect. I am not sure if they will work for you because you have a windshield. I hope that helps.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Ok first question...where do you want to go with the system? Do you want the dark to be afraid of you or or you going to the mailbox at night? Any light will help but...second question...where are you riding, trails,woods,roads,heavy brush or dunes. Light isn't just light how are your intended habits going to be? No use in wasting money on the wrong things

Reactions: sharp
J

JoshB

Jun 11, 2016
Austin TX
Ok first question...where do you want to go with the system? Do you want the dark to be afraid of you or or you going to the mailbox at night? Any light will help but...

Thanks for responding but i went ahead and already added it all. The light bars are amazing. If you have any questions on what i did i am happy to share. I have over 105000 lumens with this set up. The front 50 inch alone has 55,000. It came with 5 w cree bulbs.

1 2 3

Reactions: sharp and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: sharp
M

Mtnmonkey

Nov 10, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!