Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of 5 points for my P1K.
I know there are a few members here that have 4 points already. The boss complains about the lap belt moving up when she pulls the shoulder straps tight. So I'm going to try a set of 5 points this time.

Need some inputo_O

2 or 3" wide ?
which buckle type and why?

Here is what I'm looking at
5 3Harness Red 820x

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a friend that owns a speed shop spec them out for me.
I went 3" wide, camlock style buckle.
I do not plan to use submarine belt, not willing to cut up my seat right now.
I chose camlock for the fact I can connect the shoulder belts in seconds and do it one handed. The latch style you show requires 2 hands and disassembly to put the shoulders in.
When I receive them, I will post the model # for you to compare.
Hit up summit, jegs, and speed shop. 100's of options out there for harnesses. Summit has a really good interface for narrowing down the options.
I spec'd upper roll bar connection wrap around,
lower belts bolt in,
sub belt I didn't care about,
shoulder strap pull down, lap belt pull up

In regard to her lap belt pulling up, she doesn't have it tight enough across her hips.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would recommend 3" cam lock. They are far more comfortable (3") and user friendly. Back in the day I used the latches like you show but they can quickly frustrate a person that is unfamiliar with them. Also a cam lock is much easier for all ages your grandkids can probably do it on their own but not a latch system. It will also be easier for you if you have to buckle so me one in.

Jegs, summit racing, and eBay are probably the best places to shop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The camlock type you guys are talking about be used with just the lap belt? Also do the buckets snap in or does all the latches have to be inserted and then move a lever or knob to latch? The submarine belt is not going to be used very often, when the trail gets tough.

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The camlock type you guys are talking about be used with just the lap belt? Also do the buckets snap in or does all the latches have to be inserted and then move a lever or knob to latch? The submarine belt is not going to be used very often, when the trail gets tough.
Camlock can be used lap, shoulder etc. It is 5 individual slots. One for each belt.
Most camlocks are self locking, so it is always locked, just insert your belt. you will have to rotate the button to remove them.
I don't see your sub belt being used safely without cutting up your seat, or installing buckets. Sit in your machine. Look down at your junk, (i'd say look at your balls, but we know they are in Pam's purse) see the seat right below? That is where you want your sub belt for best results.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
i have the PRP 3" belt 2" sholders with the camlock style latch. i will admit it takes getting use coming from the pro armor 4 point harnesses that are sewn together. it takes a little longer to get strapped in. After you get use to that one draw back they are awesome. the sub belt keeps everything right where it needs to be. getting out all you do is pop the cam lock and jump out. since the belts are all individual they come apart as you climb out. Also if you just want to use your lap belt all you have to do is throw the shoulders behind the seat and they are out of the way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!