NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
6400A9F1 E2C6 418C B6D8 27564B9CC7A5
Those 2 atvs were awesome with last years P500 ride.

Porkchopexpress

Porkchopexpress

Nov 15, 2017
Fishers IN
Ownership

1. 500
That’s my son on his old Honda. He’ll be riding it again and my buddy will be on another 4wheeler. Maybe we’ll catch up to you guys on the trails Friday and would love a group ride as cool as last year’s was.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not much better than building your own house.
I agree! I drew our house plans, including the roof line, I had drawn the plans for a house we never got around to building in town, with all kinds of expensive roof lines and a 12 12 pitch roof to match all the other homes. Bought a small piece of property in the country the. Flopped the floor plan, got rid of the 12 12 pitch roof, went to a 6 12 pitch roof, changed the front and back porches and now have a home that looks like it belongs in the country, had several people stop and tell me that. We like it and you can't buy this floor plan any where. This is a Smitty original.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Building a home will take at lest 6 months of you life away! HA!
I feel it slipping already... Just kidding. It's actually been fun so far. My first time. I drew the plans from scratch - getting the plans nailed down took about 2 months. I'm the general, so getting all of my subs and pricing took another two months. Now it's go time! I staked it with my foundation guy last week. Today they poured the stemwall. It's going up fast! The framer is ready to jump on it as soon as the slab is ready. It's a process, but it's exciting too. I'm confident the house part of the project will be fine. What causes me to stay up at night is the landscaping...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I feel it slipping already... Just kidding. It's actually been fun so far. My first time.
That’s awesome. You’ll be lucky if you get finished without any frustrations or arguments with your contractor or subs, but persevere as it’s worth it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s awesome. You’ll be lucky if you get finished without any frustrations or arguments with your contractor or subs, but persevere as it’s worth it.
When we give a self home builder a quote and builders, I give them a high price and do the job time and material, that way in the end, I've gone from a 0 to a hero and I don't have to haggle. We have always come in under budget. Takes builders a job or two to figure it out though! I have there butts covered! HA! So I hope you didn't take the cheapest price!

Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
One advantage I do have, I work in admin (estimating, sales, customer relations, collections, and project management) for one of the more successful and reputable contracting companies in this area. My subs all know it, and know that I know how to play the game as well. They also naturally want to treat me well, because they hope we (company I work for) will subcontract them on our future jobs. Timing just worked out well with 2019 being a big year for contractors, so I feel like they're all rolling out the red carpet for me because of who I work for. :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!