NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
3D3B27D7 7553 4AAB 9725 DE50CAB47905

Ok, expect you guys and gals to take a 2019 picture for us that can’t attend.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
One advantage I do have, I work in admin (estimating, sales, customer relations, collections, and project management) for one of the more successful and reputable contracting companies in this area. My subs all know it, and know that I know how to play the game as well. They also naturally want to treat me well, because they hope we (company I work for) will subcontract them on our future jobs. Timing just worked out well with 2019 being a big year for contractors, so I feel like they're all rolling out the red carpet for me because of who I work for. :cool:

Oh no, not a PM running the job?!
They always fill in on a job until one of us (superintendents) can get freed up to take it over. They're always screwed up by the time we get there. Rule of thumb is Project Managers know just enough about the field to make them dangerous. Keep in mind, a mistake on the finishes can cost you $5k, a mistake on the front end can cost you $50k. Don't hesitate to ask someone who knows. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Oh no, not a PM running the job?!
They always fill in on a job until one of us (superintendents) can get freed up to take it over. They're always screwed up by the time we get there. Rule of thumb is Project Managers know just enough about the field to make them dangerous. Keep in mind, a mistake on the finishes can cost you $5k, a mistake on the front end can cost you $50k. Don't hesitate to ask someone who knows. ;)
Oh smack.............:eek::eek::eek:

But true of course.....:D:D:D

Reactions: trigger
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One advantage I do have, I work in admin (estimating, sales, customer relations, collections, and project management) for one of the more successful and reputable contracting companies in this area. My subs all know it, and know that I know how to play the game as well. They also naturally want to treat me well, because they hope we (company I work for) will subcontract them on our future jobs. Timing just worked out well with 2019 being a big year for contractors, so I feel like they're all rolling out the red carpet for me because of who I work for. :cool:
I enjoy working with a seasoned PM's and supernatants, it the rookies that don't know whether the the roof or footing comes first and engineers, that make things hard! When I get notified of a project to bid, I wait 5 days and see how many addendums come out, if it's more than one, I decline, because it reflects a bad engineer is involved and CAD drawings are laughable, they draw plumbing fittings that are nonexistent.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m just joking. My dad was a Super for the Trades at the University of Michigan for 30 years, And I deal with them on some jobs from time to time. We always had to tell dad “ok Tony simmer down your not at work” lol. It’s all good

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!