• Start date
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I have been debating on building my own or buying a kit - I've been leaning on the kit option just because I want it to look as clean as possible without any rednecking or white PVC out of place. I was leaning towards this:

Does anyone have any experience with the SYA Warrior kits? Obviously its way more expensive than DIY, but I like the look and the fact it should be a pretty straight forward install.

Was also wondering if it would interfere with the Honda OEM rear panel.

Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
I have been debating on building my own or buying a kit - I've been leaning on the kit option just because I want it to look as clean as possible without any rednecking or white PVC out of place. I was leaning towards this:

Does anyone have any experience with the SYA Warrior kits? Obviously its way more expensive than DIY, but I like the look and the fact it should be a pretty straight forward install.

Was also wondering if it would interfere with the Honda OEM rear panel.

Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it.
I looked at it also. I can’t say about the rear panel. It does look pretty clean though.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I looked at it also. I can’t say about the rear panel. It does look pretty clean though.
I've been exchanging emails with them since they have no contact number, but he said:

"We do secure the risers to the bars where they come up behind the cab"

I then asked if he could send me any additional pics on how it mounts behind the cab or if they could send me install instructions so I could get a better idea. He then said:

"We do not share instructions prior to sale due to copyrights. For the Snorkel kit to be secure they will have to be attached to the bars on the back of the cab"

Wasn't very helpful and I'm probably going to go another route. I really like how it looks, but they don't take refunds/returns and I didn't like his attitude very much 🤣

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
No instructions is a deal breaker for me. I got the same bull s*** a few years ago. It makes me wonder what they are hiding. Most companies have the install instructions on their web site.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It's such an easy thing to reproduce, they don't want to give away trade secrets. Once you've seen how they've routed it and where they've fastened it, the rest is stuff you can get down the street.
Don't know much about the 520's set up but you'll probably have to come into the cab with the pipe, which means you'll probably have to cut a hole through your back panel to get the tip outside. Not hard to do, just need to come up with a way to finish it off so it doesn't tear later.
Cut the intake tube and put on a 2" Fernco, you're up and running from there. 2" pvc pipe and fittings, dry fit everything before gluing, spray paint and zip ties.

FerncoSnorkelSnorkel Intakes

K

kyote

Jul 24, 2020
La Porte TX
Ownership

1. 500
It's a lot easier to snorkel a 520 than a 500. Check out mine in my build thread. I cut the stock pipe, to a 1.5 to 2 Fernco, to a 2” sweep street 90, to a 24" section of PVC, to a coupler, then fittings to my dust separator, but you can use a snorkel riser or make one. That's the fun of building your own! P500 - My 2021 520 Build

Last edited:
K

kyote

Jul 24, 2020
La Porte TX
Ownership

1. 500
Honda reduced the intake tube to 1.5" on the 520's?
Actual OD of the factory intake pipe is 2", 1.5 PVC is nominal as I'm sure you know, 1.90" actual OD, so it stretches on fine. You could use a 2” to 2" and pinch it down with the hose clamp too I suppose. I cut the factory pipe right where it goes into the little splash guard box. If I wanted to return to stock, I could reattach the stock box with a short coupler. Well, obviously still would have the notch in the bed and hole in the cover 😂

PXL 20210530 162401384

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
It's a lot easier to snorkel a 520 them a 500. Check out mine in my build thread. I cut the stock pipe, to a 1.5 to 2 Fernco, to a 2” sweep street 90, to a 24" section of PVC, to a coupler, then fittings to my dust separator, but you can use a snorkel riser or make one. That's the fun of building your own! P500 - My 2021 520 Build
I saw your build man, looks pretty good. I thought about ABS and buying a riser, but I'm not sure. Im curious how @Chuckerbird secured his snorkel with his rear windshield on. If I can go that route I'm just gonna order the warrior kit for ease of install and clean look.

I have too much s*** ordered and coming to think about fabricating much or cutting stuff up right now 🤣🤣

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
On my p5 dealer installed and leak tested with smoke machine. The air intakes are tie wraped to the frame behind driver head rest. This is the only area that I can see interferes with rear panel.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Ok bros just an update...looks like the bed has to be cut and I'm not sure I'm committed to that yet. Gonna let it sit in the garage and ponder on it for a while cause I can't return it. Really wish I would have known that before, but I guess it's a kick in the nuts for me and some knowledge for someone else thinking about it.

Tenor 2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!