6.08 Quarts My A??

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm confused, I've changed the oil on our P1 7 or 8 times, always put 6 quarts back in and checked it after the procedure and it's always perfect?
I understand, I'm confused too but I have read of others with the same results. And that's on this forum. I would think it would be everyone. Do you screw your dip stick in when checking?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I understand, I'm confused too but I have read of others with the same results. And that's on this forum. I would think it would be everyone. Do you screw your dip stick in when checking?
No! 6 Quarts is perfect for the motor oil change. Sub transmission takes I believe 1.5 more?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
3/4 of the way down the page bro!
I have this paged saved when I change mine. Like I said, I miss spoke. Check it with it out.
Im talking softly here lol bedroom voice and drinking Bourbon lol

advertisement
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
3/4 of the way down the page bro!
I have this paged saved when I change mine. Like I said, I miss spoke. Check it with it out.
Im talking softly here lol bedroom voice and drinking Bourbon lol
This is what my 21 manual says:
18. Fill the crankcase with the recommended oil, approximately:
engine oil filter change: 6.08 US qt (5.75 l)
engine & DCT oil filters change: 6.1 US qt (5.8 l)

I had to quit the bourbon, makes me howl at the moon.

I've put 6.08 in during two oil changes and it just wets the stick when I warm the machine and wait 2 to 3 minutes until checking.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've put 6.08 in during two oil changes and it just wets the stick when I warm the machine and wait 2 to 3 minutes until checking.
Ok, so if your doing what it says, then its wrong. Fill it to where its suppose to be and make a note of it. Wont be the first time and certainly wont be the last. When I changed oils on semi’s what it said and what it was was 2 different things 22-25+qts. Could be there is some manufacturing casting missin in your pan, motor or what have you. Might never know? In my 16’ I follow that link i posted, I always end up putting in a 1/2 qt more ti get it right. Just made a note of it

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Manual:
21. Stop the engine and after 2 – 3 minutes, check the oil level. Make
sure the oil is between the upper and lower level marks on the
dipstick. If necessary, add more oil but do not overfill.

I guess I did it right, I added more oil and it's between the marks. Oh well. Just can't believe you have to add that much.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, so if your doing what it says, then its wrong. Fill it to where its suppose to be and make a note of it. Wont be the first time and certainly wont be the last. When I changed oils on semi’s what it said and what it was was 2 different things 22-25+qts. Could be there is some manufacturing casting missin in your pan, motor or what have you. Might never know? In my 16’ I follow that link i posted, I always end up putting in a 1/2 qt more. Just made a note of it
Guess that's what I was asking. That's about what I added, a 1/2 quart more. Sounds good.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!