H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My next oil change will be at 10,000 miles. My under roof prefilter is still ok but I will have to clean it at 10,000. Nothing like being in clean air. I drove my 2020 Talon R today. It has the stock 28 inch tires. It is set up the same as my 2019 but the 30’s on my 19 really hurt the performance in 5th and 6th gear in the high speed sand washes. The 30’s look great and are probably a good choice for rock crawling where you are in low range all day. The higher gearing and extra weight is noticeable on acceleration and I think it hurts the suspension performance especially on the washboard sections. I have 6,000 miles on the Tusk Terrabite tires and I expect they will last for another 5,000 miles. I think the 30’s and 32’s will be great with the Turbo.

Both of my front dif axle seals started leaking at 7,200 miles and its difficult to get into low range when the engine is cold. The low range shifting problem started at about 4,000 miles. I know how to deal with my low range problem but will get it fixed before I sell it at around 20,000 miles. I know the sub trans fairly well. There is around 81 balls that go into the gears that the shift forks move back and forth to make the gear shifts. There is maybe 9 grooves in each gear that get 3 of the balls each. I’d really like to repair mine now but its going to half to get worse to do it now. My shop has rebuilt at least 2 Pioneer sub trans. One had a broken case, the other was shifted into reverse at high rpm. Fortunately my shop has some good techs that do great work so I won’t be doing the repair myself.

The Fun Factor is High, especially the Night Rides with near $2,000 in lights. My buddy's 2018 RZR 1000 has about $2,800 in repairs at 9,000 miles. It jumps out of high on decel now.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My next oil change will be at 10,000 miles. My under roof prefilter is still ok but I will have to clean it at 10,000. Nothing like being in clean air. I drove my 2020 Talon R today. It has the stock 28 inch tires. It is set up the same as my 2019 but the 30’s on my 19 really hurt the performance in 5th and 6th gear in the high speed sand washes. The 30’s look great and are probably a good choice for rock crawling where you are in low range all day. The higher gearing and extra weight is noticeable on acceleration and I think it hurts the suspension performance especially on the washboard sections. I have 6,000 miles on the Tusk Terrabite tires and I expect they will last for another 5,000 miles. I think the 30’s and 32’s will be great with the Turbo.

Both of my front dif axle seals started leaking at 7,200 miles and its difficult to get into low range when the engine is cold. The low range shifting problem started at about 4,000 miles. I know how to deal with my low range problem but will get it fixed before I sell it at around 20,000 miles. I know the sub trans fairly well. There is around 81 balls that go into the gears that the shift forks move back and forth to make the gear shifts. There is maybe 9 grooves in each gear that get 3 of the balls each. I’d really like to repair mine now but its going to half to get worse to do it now. My shop has rebuilt at least 2 Pioneer sub trans. One had a broken case, the other was shifted into reverse at high rpm. Fortunately my shop has some good techs that do great work so I won’t be doing the repair myself.

The Fun Factor is High, especially the Night Rides with near $2,000 in lights. My buddy's 2018 RZR 1000 has about $2,800 in repairs at 9,000 miles. It jumps out of high on decel now.
Good report keep us posted

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
A question from your 6,000 mile report - where do you get the 3" inside diameter, 4" long rubber hose that you used to connect the stock air intake plenum to the snorkel riser? I'm picking up my first SxS this week ('20 Talon R) and want to get the air intake out of the dusty wheel well as soon as possible. TIA

Reactions: PhilCod
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 3 inch plastic tube is from the Kawasaki Teryx. part number 14073-0716 its the belt drive intake tube from the first year 4 seater, maybe a 2012. The 3 inch inside diameter hose is from NAPA. You can use the bend to go under the roof.

20190821 121548 resized 1

Reactions: Mikehallad
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The 3 inch plastic tube is from the Kawasaki Teryx. part number 14073-0716 its the belt drive intake tube from the first year 4 seater, maybe a 2012. The 3 inch inside diameter hose is from NAPA. You can use the bend to go under the roof.

View attachment 178965
Thanks, Bob. #beers :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!