Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You youngsters need to get back into reading. It will educate you and set you free.;)

I read a lot and am very educated on things I'm interested in. I don't buy the first pretty thing I see and comment on it. I look things up and highly compare for my own needs. Mine and my wife's guns I don't bring in, I've done all my own spring tuning and trigger work over the years. I wouldn't say I'm the average dummy that buys a specific gun because the gun store man told him to so he can make better profit on the sale. I didn't buy cheap guns. I understand how caliber, barrel length,weight of slide,ejection,spring weight and basic geometry of a gun effect shot and recoil. I didn't pull a trigger once and thought I was expert. I spend more time on a subject before I even start to tackle it then anyone I know, OCD helps unfortunately. I'm definitely no expert but I do know some my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I read a lot and am very educated on things I'm interested in. I don't buy the first pretty thing I see and comment on it. I look things up and highly compare for my own needs. Mine and my wife's guns I don't bring in, I've done all my own spring tuning and trigger work over the years. I wouldn't say I'm the average dummy that buys a specific gun because the gun store man told him to so he can make better profit on the sale. I didn't buy cheap guns. I understand how caliber, barrel length,weight of slide,ejection,spring weight and basic geometry of a gun effect shot and recoil. I didn't pull a trigger once and thought I was expert. I spend more time on a subject before I even start to tackle it then anyone I know, OCD helps unfortunately. I'm definitely no expert but I do know some my friend.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Ya I know. And I'm to young to know a few things right? But sometimes a few older people think they know it all and quit learning, I'm not to that point yet

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

@drfubar @Manwell @CumminsPusher and all the rest of you 9mm guys!!

This video is hilarious AND a great way to start a pissin match. I carry both.... and yes at the same time.....sometimes. Im an Eagle Scout, can't be too prepared lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This video is hilarious AND a great way to start a pissin match. I carry both.... and yes at the same time.....sometimes. Im an Eagle Scout, can't be too prepared lol.

You are pretty correct with that but you haven't seen how bad it can get unless you've read one of the famous political threads. At least we're all being civil here amongst friends. I'm sure @JTW planned for this he likes shenanigans. It's his fault lmao!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey, that's no way to talk about @Manwell and @Tigermark!
Unfortunately we're all getting older. Actually it means most of us. Hey but we play young!

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You are pretty correct with that but you haven't seen how bad it can get unless you've read one of the famous political threads. At least we're all being civil here amongst friends. I'm sure @JTW planned for this he likes shenanigans. It's his fault lmao!

No doubt this will do it every time lol.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You might be getting older, I'm getting prettier.

I'll let you have that because I sure ain't getting prettier.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There it is... it's the use of the term accurate that muddies the water.

One issue I have with the whole they've improved the 9mm ammunition argument is.. i we all would agree that 20 years ago. 45 was superior to the 9mm.. however if we say that 9mm ammunition has improved and now it's just as good as a 45 in terms of damage and "stopping power"... what about the 45? Did no one bother to improve 45 ammunition over the last 20 years? If the 9 got better wouldn't it also mean the 45 did as well?

This is why this discussion is never solved - the truth is both will do the job and one that you shoot better and carry often is superior.

Next time you are at the range I would suggest getting a timer (can even get some apps to do this ) and do a bill drill - start standing 7yrds away facing target on beep/buzzer draw and fire 6 rounds as fast as you can record your time. I recommend using a USPSA target or IDPA target- The goal is to keep all 6 shots in the "A" zone of a USPSA target as fast as you can. You can increase distance as you please.

Do this on
For you .45 fans:

For you 9mm Fans:

and cant forget the .40 fans... if there are any of those left?:
Colion Nior makes some great videos!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey off subject kind of but what's a box of 9 target going for over that way?

Reactions: Ragnar406
advertisement