Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are pretty correct with that but you haven't seen how bad it can get unless you've read one of the famous political threads. At least we're all being civil here amongst friends. I'm sure @JTW planned for this he likes shenanigans. It's his fault lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I knew better than to jump into the debate but was hoodwinked by @nbomar to join.. I love a good gun discussion but the caliber one is a personal decision based on too many factors. the only caliber I really kind of worry about carrying is a .380 - but if that is all you have room for then it is better than nothing but that one worries me a little.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I knew better than to jump into the debate but was hoodwinked by @nbomar to join.. I love a good gun discussion but the caliber one is a personal decision based on too many factors. the only caliber I really kind of worry about carrying is a .380 - but if that is all you have room for then it is better than nothing but that one worries me a little.
We're just having fun here so far lol. I do have a .380 pico it's a neat little pistol and I do carry it most times. I'm not a fan of the round or the amount of kick it's got for what it is but you're right better then nothing.
Still looking for a model 84 Cheetah for pocket. 14 rds of .22lr and smaller open slide frame. I want it! Have to use older ammo the new stuff seems to have a viscous failure rate for rimfire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar406 and sharp
pmward

pmward

Jul 28, 2016
Galena, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We're just having fun here so far lol. I do have a .380 pico it's a neat little pistol and I do carry it most times. It's the smallest.380 still I believe, you don't know it's there but I'm not a fan of the round or the amount of kick it's got for what it is. Usually if you're pointing something at someone and it can go bang the threat goes away so you're right better then nothing.
Still looking for a model 84 Cheetah for pocket. 14 rds of .22lr and smaller open slide frame. I want it! Have to use older ammo the new stuff seems to have a viscous failure rate for rimfire. I'll still carry full size whenever possible
Isn't the model 84 a 13 + 1 .380? The model 87 is .22, and is 7 +1.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

You are incorrect .. . The 9's and 38-supers (not 38's) are modified for their magazine capacity and lighter recoil NOT because they are more accurate... Jeesh. I'm not an expert on anything but I've reloaded, shot in competition and been a student of ballistics for almost 60yrs. Trust me on this.

Oh... and on the FBI.... those limp wristed wingnuts couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a barnshovel. Probably before your time but they originally carried 38's and learned the hard way in the Miami shootout. They decided to go to the 10mm in the S&W 4506 but they couldn't handle the size of the gun or the recoil. Scores went down, (not because of the accuracy). So S&W redesigned the 10mm by shortening it and calling it the 40 S&W, (you've probably heard of it). So, the FBI is not a good group to quote when it comes to firearms or calibers.
Exactly!! I watched dad carry all of them. They had just transitioned from 45's to m&p 40's when he retired.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Isn't the model 84 a 13 + 1 .380? The model 87 is .22, and is 7 +1.
You are right about the 87 thank you! That's The one. I know my father in laws was 13 mag but not seeing that. Do you have more info?

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

That's my primary carry caliber.. lol.
One can't carry enough to get in a fire fight.. I just have to carry enough to get to the truck!

advertisement
J

JTW

You are pretty correct with that but you haven't seen how bad it can get unless you've read one of the famous political threads. At least we're all being civil here amongst friends. I'm sure @JTW planned for this he likes shenanigans. It's his fault lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG 3226

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
and there it is lol.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We're just having fun here so far lol. I do have a .380 pico it's a neat little pistol and I do carry it most times. I'm not a fan of the round or the amount of kick it's got for what it is but you're right better then nothing.
Still looking for a model 84 Cheetah for pocket. 14 rds of .22lr and smaller open slide frame. I want it! Have to use older ammo the new stuff seems to have a viscous failure rate for rimfire.
I was told by a gun shop not to use match grade amo a semi auto rim fire, since then no failure.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement