P500 A-Arm CV Boot Protectors

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Due to my recent encounter with a stick to front CV boot, I purchased some protection which arrived today. I will add final pictures after install.

UPI Boot Protectors

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Rock sliders next? Older post showed some bad sticks up to legs. Since you are from Griffin, maybe some old bones from The Walking Dead are scattered around. LOL. Suggest a search with floorboard or sticks. P1000 - stick through floorboard Ride safe and welcome to the Forum.

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Rock sliders next? Older post showed some bad sticks up to legs. Since you are from Griffin, maybe some old bones from The Walking Dead are scattered around. LOL. Suggest a search with floorboard or sticks. P1000 - stick through floorboard Ride safe and welcome to the Forum.

Plenty of zombies around here no doubt. Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice lookin machine. What kind of guards do u have and where did u get them and at what price?

Reactions: trigger
BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Nice lookin machine. What kind of guards do u have and where did u get them and at what price?

The guards fit nicely but all the edges were sharp. Used a deburring tool to smooth the edges.

Reactions: Remington
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Got them installed. I think the front CV's could still use more protection. View attachment 85773 View attachment 85774

Nice looking rig are you running spacers on the front and rear? I made some from 3mm thick black UHMW and I trimmed the stock guards to enable closer coverage with my Stix stoppers. Hard to provide a great deal of protection just cause at full lock one sides gonna be exposed no matter what. Not that big o’ deal to replace CV boots really once you get the banding machine.
j

Reactions: BuckCreek01
BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Nice looking rig are you running spacers on the front and rear? I made some from 3mm thick black UHMW and I trimmed the stock guards to enable closer coverage with my Stix stoppers. Hard to provide a great deal of protection just cause at full lock one sides gonna be exposed no matter what. Not that big o’ deal to replace CV boots really once you get the banding machine.
j

Not sure exactly what you are asking about as I am a complete newbie. Maybe rims? I purchased new from dealer with the after market rims and tires. This is my first sxs. I see your point about trimming the stock guards and moving the other guards closer.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure exactly what you are asking about as I am a complete newbie. Maybe rims? I purchased new from dealer with the after market rims and tires. This is my first sxs. I see your point about trimming the stock guards and moving the other guards closer.

No worries, you photos are wide angle images and it made (to me) look like you had wheel spacers on, or perhaps rims which move wheels farther out board on the axles.

I’d not move or trim your current guards, what you have will probably work well. Just be mindful if you are driving over lots of branches or sticks and it you hear branches dragging stop and look right away. Often keerap will flip up and can wedge in the A arms and could rub against C.V. boot. The C.V. boots are pretty tough but a caught stick can rub a hole in short order. Also when turning around just be mindful where youre pushing the front end at full lock as the outboard C.V. gets pretty exposed.
Enjoy you rig they are awesome.
j

advertisement
BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
No worries, you photos are wide angle images and it made (to me) look like you had wheel spacers on, or perhaps rims which move wheels farther out board on the axles.

I’d not move or trim your current guards, what you have will probably work well. Just be mindful if you are driving over lots of branches or sticks and it you hear branches dragging stop and look right away. Often keerap will flip up and can wedge in the A arms and could rub against C.V. boot. The C.V. boots are pretty tough but a caught stick can rub a hole in short order. Also when turning around just be mindful where youre pushing the front end at full lock as the outboard C.V. gets pretty exposed.
Enjoy you rig they are awesome.
j

Thanks for the information and I will heed your advice. The tires do sit farther out as half or more of the tire is outside of the fender well but not sure if it is the rim or spacers. Throws mud all over the place but I like the look.

Reactions: Mudwing
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the information and I will heed your advice. The tires do sit farther out as half or more of the tire is outside of the fender well but not sure if it is the rim or spacers. Throws mud all over the place but I like the look.

No worries. The tire poke (out) can get old after a while with mud slinging all over. As I’ve noted mine’s primarily a work rig so I put fender extender/flaps on the front, with flaps on infront of the rear wheels to minimize the mud and keerap flying into the cab/windshield. I’ve pix in my sig how I did it and it’s pretty straight forward to make with UHMW 3 mm thick material. Stuff is tougher than nails. Basically make a cardboard template to fit including holes for Honda push pins is how I hold mine on primarily (one nut over existing bolt head top of fender arch). Push pins are great because if you get hung up on a stump and say have to back up the fender extender flap can pinch between tire and fender (and stump) and you’ll tear if off. If bolted or pop riveted that’s a problem. Honda push pins will just deform and pop out and can be reused, kinda like a safety fuse sorta so I don’t smash stuff too badly.
Cheers,

J

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looks like a good oppourtunity for Mudbuster fenders. Several post out here. Pics of x-large, 3.5 inch ones. Like them as 5-2 offset rims and 27x9 tires added width and throw mud up sides.

ECA778A6 6F4C 484E 982B CF47587E1732 17FADE0D D8BB 4D5D 8E4C 65C9D1E3C94E 83ED03D0 36F7 4474 B353 07A3B7D9091F

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!