Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I'm really struggling about the whole 1000 sitting at the local dealer, and thinking about talking price with them, I have a couple questions though. Does anyone know the overall height with the factory roof? Also What do you think would be a fair price for my 700-4, with following options, 1180 miles, Honda hard roof, Honda split hard coat windshield, all 4 soft doors, soft rear window, emp front bumper,4500 lb superwinch, 72" snow plow, tractor tunes Stereo, Walker evans suspension all around, 32" led light bar, super atv power steering. brand new set of 27" zillas on steel wheels, 26" bighorn 2.0s on it and that's about it, also its in fantastic shape no scratches or dents ect. Thanks for your input guys!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess the prices I'm looking for is what to expect from trade in offer and what's a fair private party sale. Doesn't have to be in stone. Could I expect 12 in trade? 14 on craigslist? Or is that high/low?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wouldn't expect 12k on trade. They may come close though.

Private sale? Considering the optional equipment, I think 14k is a fair price. The problem is finding someone like you that see the value in all those accessories.

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
. Does anyone know the overall height with the factory roof?
quote from Timl:
installed my hard top and set a level across the back as the stiffener ribs near the center are taller. The measurement was 78.75". The bad part is that it will slight scrap the top of the door frame getting into the storage basement. The good news is that if I sit in the back the height drops to 77.5". I guess my wife will be parking the honda while I sit in the back.

Reactions: Plumber32
B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
I guess the prices I'm looking for is what to expect from trade in offer and what's a fair private party sale. Doesn't have to be in stone. Could I expect 12 in trade? 14 on craigslist? Or is that high/low?
Had $17,900 in my 2015 700-4, 65 miles when I first advertised on Craig's list 100 when I sold it about 6 weeks later. Went for $14,500 once I found someone who liked what I did in accessories, that being full hard cab, glass windshield, heater, etc etc on Honda stuff. Timing was good, hopefully P1k5 deluxe in camo that I ordered right after the original announcement will be shipped or here around the 30th. Just got the 700 in Feb but my b****es about it were mostly taken care of with the 1000, I hope!!!

Last edited:
blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
I was told by my dealer that they give Kelley blue book trade in value.....period. That is usually several thousand less (depending on vehicle) than you could get by selling outright. You can pretty much write off any upgrades you've installed because if it's not factory installed, it's not in the book.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had $17,900 in my 2015 700-4, 65 miles when I first advertised on Craig's list 100 when I sold it about 6 weeks later. Went for $14,500 once I found someone who liked what I did in accessories, that being full hard cab, glass windshield, heater, etc etc on Honda stuff. Timing was good, hopefully P1k5 deluxe in camo that I ordered right after the original announcement will be shipped or here around the 30th. Just got the 700 in Feb but my b****es about it were mostly taken care of with the 1000, I hope!!!
Wow that had to hurt. Not even a tank of gas through it, I suppose I can take the shocks off and sell them outright. Also the spare tires.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
So I'm really struggling about the whole 1000 sitting at the local dealer, and thinking about talking price with them, I have a couple questions though. Does anyone know the overall height with the factory roof? Also What do you think would be a fair price for my 700-4, with following options, 1180 miles, Honda hard roof, Honda split hard coat windshield, all 4 soft doors, soft rear window, emp front bumper,4500 lb superwinch, 72" snow plow, tractor tunes Stereo, Walker evans suspension all around, 32" led light bar, super atv power steering. brand new set of 27" zillas on steel wheels, 26" bighorn 2.0s on it and that's about it, also its in fantastic shape no scratches or dents ect. Thanks for your input guys!
Why couldn't you take many of the accessories off of the 700? like the winch, LED, front bumper and then trade it in. There have got to be people that would give you a couple hundred more or you could use the accessories on the 1000.
I didn't even see the WE shocks. I am sure some 700 owner out there would give you most of the money back on the shocks...could even work a discounted price to take his factory ones if you didn't keep yours. I would never trade anything in if it wasn't Bone stock.

Last edited:
B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
I'm
Wow that had to hurt. Not even a tank of gas through it, I suppose I can take the shocks off and sell them outright. Also the spare tires.
Sometimes yes it does hurt but rather than regret my decision every time I road I decided to suck it up as the cost difference would only get bigger. Poor observations on my part before the last purchase because I was so excited to get back into a Honda and just like now with the 1000's there was the inability to touch and feel the end product and I went solely on Honda reputation. Bare bones the quality is there but as others have discovered Honda accessories still need some work. I will go slower with the 1000 build than before and also lower my expectations, hopefully this will allow me to be happier with the upcoming purchase as I am getting too old to do this every 9-10 months.

Reactions: Everett
B

bwfox

Nov 26, 2015
I'm

Sometimes yes it does hurt but rather than regret my decision every time I road I decided to suck it up as the cost difference would only get bigger. Poor observations on my part before the last purchase because I was so excited to get back into a Honda and just like now with the 1000's there was the inability to touch and feel the end product and I went solely on Honda reputation. Bare bones the quality is there but as others have discovered Honda accessories still need some work. I will go slower with the 1000 build than before and also lower my expectations, hopefully this will allow me to be happier with the upcoming purchase as I am getting too old to do this every 9-10 months.
  • I am in the same boat with my Teryx. I will lose money and I am old enough to think this next sxs might be my last one. At the time I bought my 14 Teryx I thought it was the best bang for the buck and had the reliability that I needed plus the only one with a standard 3 year warranty. It still is. I am fortunate that my two adult sons both have 15 Teryx 4s, so my immediate market for accessories is there instead of just giving all my stuff away on a trade in. Plus both are good skilled mechanics so working on our machines is always a family project. But the p1k3 still draws me in with that DCT!

advertisement
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
  • I am in the same boat with my Teryx. I will lose money and I am old enough to think this next sxs might be my last one. At the time I bought my 14 Teryx I thought it was the best bang for the buck and had the reliability that I needed plus the only one with a standard 3 year warranty. It still is. I am fortunate that my two adult sons both have 15 Teryx 4s, so my immediate market for accessories is there instead of just giving all my stuff away on a trade in. Plus both are good skilled mechanics so working on our machines is always a family project. But the p1k3 still draws me in with that DCT!
I don't speak from experience on the Pioneer but the DCT in my wifes Focus really blows! Can't tell you all the problems we have had with that thing. Its actually the only part of the Honda that scares me.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 5 seat is what really gets me. Yea the h.p. would be good, I'd really like the manual mode. Its a tuff decision as I like the 700 in reality it does everything fine. But that 1000 is smooth and powerful.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!