BOX1

P500 A green P520 has my name on it

F

Foss

Sep 16, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 500
Well after what felt like forever (but was really just under a month) I picked up the P520 today! I couldn’t be happier with it! I was a little apprehensive about a few things not having seen one in person, but it checks all of our boxes. They are awesome little machines! And I took the advice for waiting to order accessories.... until about a week ago, when I confirmed it had shipped lol.

On its way to me:
-Honda OEM hard top
-26” Kenda Bear Claw HTRs going on factory rims
-Strongmade bumper
-Superwinch Terra 35sr

I’ll do a plow (thinking KFI) before winter. And I can already see the benefit of the power steering upgrade. But for now, I’m going to give the bank account a little rest.

Thanks again for all the welcomes!! I’ll get some pics up soon, and probably be asking lots of questions along the way.

Cheers!

Mikef1r3

Mikef1r3

May 25, 2021
Vaughan, ON
Ownership

1. 500
Well after what felt like forever (but was really just under a month) I picked up the P520 today! I couldn’t be happier with it! I was a little apprehensive about a few things not having seen one in person, but it checks all of our boxes. They are awesome little machines! And I took the advice for waiting to order accessories.... until about a week ago, when I confirmed it had shipped lol.

On its way to me:
-Honda OEM hard top
-26” Kenda Bear Claw HTRs going on factory rims
-Strongmade bumper
-Superwinch Terra 35sr

I’ll do a plow (thinking KFI) before winter. And I can already see the benefit of the power steering upgrade. But for now, I’m going to give the bank account a little rest.

Thanks again for all the welcomes!! I’ll get some pics up soon, and probably be asking lots of questions along the way.

Cheers!

How are the 26" Bear Claw tires if you have them installed yet? I got stuck in the mud a few times in my new 520 the past 2 weekends and I would like to get stuck less while trying to stay as stock as possible..

Reactions: J80
F

Foss

Sep 16, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 500
The ride and handling are very much improved from the stock tires, to me. A really big difference, and I think it looks a whole lot better too. But I haven't even really gotten the machine dirty yet... We're in the middle of a kitchen renovation and have a 7 month old daughter, so its been a little busy! From the little bit I've ridden, I've noticed a huge difference. I will say that I did not add any spacers, but its a common recommendation here that "if you go up in tire size, you should go out in width". I haven't noticed any stability concerns, but again haven't really been in anything too challenging yet either. I'll add spacers if it becomes a concern.

Another thing to note: I had a hard time finding these tires... I did eventually find them, but you may have a hard time finding any in stock. I put on 26-11-12 rears and 26-9-12 fronts.

I will let you know when I get some more time in the machine off road. I'm planning on it this weekend, so I'll try to remember to report back.

F

Foss

Sep 16, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 500
I finally had an opportunity to get out for a real ride, just an hour or two, but enough to actually get some real first impressions... and I love this thing! The transmission and gearing make this thing an absolute tank! I love it more every time I take it out. I’m very happy with this little rig.

Here’s a list of what I’ve got installed so far:
-trigger heat shield
-26” kenda bearclaws on stock rims
-Honda oem hard top
-Strong made bumper
-superwinch Terra 45 sr
-reverse lever delete
-seatbelt delete via tikit bottle opener
-seat cover

I’ve still got a few things to do, like a glove box, snow plow before next winter, and maybe eps some time down the road. But for now, I couldn’t be happier with this machine and what I’ve done so far. Thanks to all of the tips, recommendations, and info on this site! Here’s a couple pics from today:

My riding buddy
43ED2C50 ED03 4388 A4ED 63F3E9757736

View from camp
A0BE1EED 3559 4FA3 A11F 266C0D4AB612

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!