ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've been using this for a while, so I thought I'd share. I bought this stuff at Home Depot for cleaning the garage floor when I spill oil. I found that it works very well to get mud off of quads.

E71e36542aaff2aa6f4a67fde1f73e1c

First step. Get a spray bottle and dilute it with water!!! It's surprisingly strong and I don't know what kind of damage it could cause if used straight. I sprayed down the mini Chinese quad with it, and the shiny silver frame and rack paint turned to a matte finish! (Really cheap paint, obviously)

Spray this stuff on the mud and let it sit for a minute. Then spray it with the hose. It will really help get the mud off.

Best part, it's cheap! I think around $13 for the gallon if I remember right... And it really is a time saver. A gallon will last a long time.

I strongly avoid getting this stuff on the windshield. Other than that, I use it everywhere.

Just remember to dilute it! I assumed it would be weak because I bought it at Home Depot, but it is very strong stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Awsome. Thanks for sharing. Seems there are several cleaners just like that that work WONDERS!
I have been impressed with a few different ones. I will give this one a try now as I am currently out.
Thanks.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Awsome. Thanks for sharing. Seems there are several cleaners just like that that work WONDERS!
I have been impressed with a few different ones. I will give this one a try now as I am currently out.
Thanks.
Hondabrite is great stuff but it's very expensive. I'd buy 10 gallons of it if it was $13 a gallon. Hopefully others will find this Zep stuff useful.

Reactions: Hondasxs
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Castrol Super Clean is another great product. It's $8 dollars at Walmart. Thanks for the tip on the product from lowes.

My vehicle went from really dirty after riding Royal Blue to looking like this

A9fb6cfe34e02ac839f527f2765d19b0

I rinsed the mud off, sprayed super clean on using a pump up sprayer and rinsed it off. I'd say it does real good. Try cutting with water 50/50. I sprayed everything, the windshield, rear fabric panel, dash, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've been using this for a while, so I thought I'd share. I bought this stuff at Home Depot for cleaning the garage floor when I spill oil. I found that it works very well to get mud off of quads.

View attachment 14070

First step. Get a spray bottle and dilute it with water!!! It's surprisingly strong and I don't know what kind of damage it could cause if used straight. I sprayed down the mini Chinese quad with it, and the shiny silver frame and rack paint turned to a matte finish! (Really cheap paint, obviously)

Spray this stuff on the mud and let it sit for a minute. Then spray it with the hose. It will really help get the mud off.

Best part, it's cheap! I think around $13 for the gallon if I remember right... And it really is a time saver. A gallon will last a long time.

I strongly avoid getting this stuff on the windshield. Other than that, I use it everywhere.

Just remember to dilute it! I assumed it would be weak because I bought it at Home Depot, but it is very strong stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can only wash mine at a car wash. I wonder if it could be used from a Hudson sprayer and then washed off??

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can only wash mine at a car wash. I wonder if it could be used from a Hudson sprayer and then washed off??
I don't see why not. I'd think that would actually work even better than a little spray bottle.

Reactions: Montecresto
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Those little one gallon garden sprayers work great!
I personally soak my machine down first then hit it with the chemical cleaner and it seems to help break the bond a bit better

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't see why not. I'd think that would actually work even better than a little spray bottle.
I'll give it a go and report to you.

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
Mr clean. (The yellow stuff) works awesome. An safe on everything. Been using it for year to wash my pro motocross bikes.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
If you have access to hot water that helps a TON. I don't do it every single time but sometimes I hook up the hot water power washer and really clean the machine. Gets mud off no problem and if you have any oil or grease anywhere it basically melts it right off.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You are right! Hot water helps a lot. I also tapped into hot water at my house. I have two spigots next to each other for hot and cold.

Also, I have the tankless water heater so I can use hot water forever...at a price.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Sure does - one of the best "tools" i have bought for around the house. I can get up to 220 degrees (basically steam) but mostly run around 180-200. I do the car motors every few months and they stay looking like new!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!