The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I put my (refundable) deposit down on a green (more powerful) 520 the other day. Hoping they will get some in by February. I'd love to get some mods done before nicer weather starts to arrive here in Ohio.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Have owned both. P500 now, P700 past.
Connect Both Stock P700 & P500 Back bumper to Back bumper Pull ( the P700 will come out top ) WEIGHT ALONE puts the P500 at disadvantage then add 700 cc versus 500 cc

Now put 2-- 3 big fluffy guys ( on the P500 match weight ( that would be a fun video to see & post a picture in the Club Calendar ) have NO idea witch would win or break.

On a 40 -- 45 degree grade 1/4 mile or more long dead stop start ( both empty )
P700 reaches a certain speed & just keeps pulling.
P500 as go through gears just keeps gaining speed will get to the top 1st.
Load both to factory recommended Max.on same hill they would be pretty even at top.

Best I can describe the experence I've had with these machines on the same Mountain trail.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have owned both. P500 now, P700 past.
Connect Both Stock P700 & P500 Back bumper to Back bumper Pull ( the P700 will come out top ) WEIGHT ALONE puts the P500 at disadvantage then add 700 cc versus 500 cc

Now put 2-- 3 big fluffy guys ( on the P500 match weight ( that would be a fun video to see & post a picture in the Club Calendar ) have NO idea witch would win or break.

On a 40 -- 45 degree grade 1/4 mile or more long dead stop start ( both empty )
P700 reaches a certain speed & just keeps pulling.
P500 as go through gears just keeps gaining speed will get to the top 1st.
Load both to factory recommended Max.on same hill they would be pretty even at top.

Best I can describe the experence I've had with these machines on the same Mountain trail.
And run both in the woods with trees 58 inches apart, one wrecks and one keeps going.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My P520 finally arrived so I picked it up this afternoon. After unloading it and removing the fish netting, which made getting in and out difficult, I took it for a spin around the property. It did fine on the slippery, wet, snow on the driveway, road, and out in the open where the sun had melt it down, but in the woods it was simply too deep for going up even the slightest grade given the tread on the stock tires. Compared to the CVT in my other UTV the shifting is a little abrupt but I knew of this, and many here say it will improve. I do like being able to short shift up to 5th when conditions warrant it. IMO this little P520 runs, looks, and sounds nice and should be fun getting around on tight trails which is primarily what I bought it for.

IMG 5926 IMG 5928 IMG 5929 IMG 5932

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations! Coincidentally I just got back from the dealership where I paid for my new blue P520. I won't pick it up until next week after the accessories come in and they install them. I got a roof, windshield, rear (fabric) panel, winch, 66" plow, mounts and front arm guards. Went with KFI plow, winch and mounts.

I was able to test drive it in the parking lot and it shifted abruptly just like you said yours does. I'm glad I read about that here first or I might have thought there was something wrong with my unit. Overall I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to get it home.

I'm getting ready to place an order for 1.5 inch spacers. I'm swapping the relatively new ITP wheels and tires from my rancher with the wheels and tires from the P520. I will probably end up selling the 05 Rancher to make room in the garage. It's been a good machine and only has 575 miles.

By the way....I see you are also from WV.

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
My P520 finally arrived so I picked it up this afternoon. After unloading it and removing the fish netting, which made getting in and out difficult, I took it for a spin around the property. It did fine on the slippery, wet, snow on the driveway, road, and out in the open where the sun had melt it down, but in the woods it was simply too deep for going up even the slightest grade given the tread on the stock tires. Compared to the CVT in my other UTV the shifting is a little abrupt but I knew of this, and many here say it will improve. I do like being able to short shift up to 5th when conditions warrant it. IMO this little P520 runs, looks, and sounds nice and should be fun getting around on tight trails which is primarily what I bought it for.

View attachment 256886 View attachment 256887 View attachment 256888 View attachment 256889
Congratulations! Coincidentally I just got back from the dealership where I paid for my new blue P520. I won't pick it up until next week after the accessories come in and they install them. I got a roof, windshield, rear (fabric) panel, winch, 66" plow, mounts and front arm guards. Went with KFI plow, winch and mounts.

I was able to test drive it in the parking lot and it shifted abruptly just like you said yours does. I'm glad I read about that here first or I might have thought there was something wrong with my unit. Overall I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to get it home.

I'm getting ready to place an order for 1.5 inch spacers. I'm swapping the relatively new ITP wheels and tires from my rancher with the wheels and tires from the P520. I will probably end up selling the 05 Rancher to make room in the garage. It's been a good machine and only has 575 miles.

Congrats to both of you! Blue ones are the best!
Blue

You can even find custom blue porta pottys at Lowe's
IMG 0771

Last edited:
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats to both of you! Blue ones are the best! View attachment 256922

You can even find custom porta pottys at Lowe's
View attachment 256923
I like the blue, but it is my least favorite of the four options. I was hoping for green. I would likely be waiting for a long time for another one to arrive, so I took the one they had. I had a deposit on their first 520, regardless of color, for over a month. This is the first and only (for a while) 520 this dealership is receiving. Wiley and I are both from WV and both of us had blue ones arrive the same day. I assume Honda ran a batch of blue ones and shipped them out. I suspect ours were on the same truck.

I like the fancy potty!

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I'm starting to think the green is the least produced color. I can find any other color just about anywhere, but I've had a deposit on a green for over 2 months and they just aren't that many out there.

Reactions: Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When I bought my P5 years ago, there was only one green one in the state and it was up in the UP. Told my dealer that I'd buy one today if he could get me a green one. He had one shipped in from OH and I picked it up a couple days later. So yes, seems like the green one's have always been hard to find.

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
My dump-bed envy continues. Congratulations. Let us hear about the ride and torque. Might need to get the blue to match my eyes ... Trigger got one to match his ;)

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Thanks and to you as well! I've bought nothing for mine yet but I'm thinking tires, 1/2 windshield, rear bumper, and maybe whatever receiver hitch fits in the rear...1 1/2"?

Congrats to both of you! Blue ones are the best! View attachment 256922

You can even find custom blue porta pottys at Lowe's

Thanks.
LOL

I like the blue, but it is my least favorite of the four options. I was hoping for green. I would likely be waiting for a long time for another one to arrive, so I took the one they had. I had a deposit on their first 520, regardless of color, for over a month. This is the first and only (for a while) 520 this dealership is receiving. Wiley and I are both from WV and both of us had blue ones arrive the same day. I assume Honda ran a batch of blue ones and shipped them out. I suspect ours were on the same truck.

I like the fancy potty!

I originally ordered green but the more I looked at the P500's the more I liked the brighter red and blue colors on them. My Mule Pro MX is red so I changed my order to blue. As it turned out blue was the first (and so far only) P520 my dealer got in.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I'm swapping the relatively new ITP wheels and tires from my rancher with the wheels and tires from the P520. I will probably end up selling the 05 Rancher to make room in the garage. It's been a good machine and only has 575 miles.

I think the hub studs are larger on the SxS, larger diameter stud.
The lug nut dose not seat right on an ATV wheel.
You might need to check the ITP wheel, if it has the same ball seat lug nuts as the stock ATV it could be an issue.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Shoot looks like the P500 windshields don't fit the 520.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I think the hub studs are larger on the SxS, larger diameter stud.
The lug nut dose not seat right on an ATV wheel.
You might need to check the ITP wheel, if it has the same ball seat lug nuts as the stock ATV it could be an issue.
Thanks.. I will have to check that out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!