P500 Accessories/ General Questions

S

Stalkman50

Aug 3, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 322208

As noted in the photo above, for storage I added a Bar Maid CR-760 tray under the dashboard. It is 3 x 5 x 14 and has a drain hole in the middle of it. To secure it, I epoxied some OSF boards under the dashboard. There are some slight bump outs on the firewall and side wall that I lined it up with. I needed to cut a small angle out on the upper left side of the tray- otherwise the lips of the tray rests on the OSF for added support. Then I just used a few 3/4 screws to affix it. It does not get in the way of the passenger knees. Not the largest but I can store stuff in it.

Note above it I have a CrossWinds locking glove compartment. Super easy to install and just right for our smartphones. Also a great choice.
Man I really like that. If its easy enough to do I will def add this to mine. Idk why honda didn't just put some storage in the cab. Seems like it would cost nothing and make it a lot more marketable.

Reactions: crewcabrob
S

Stalkman50

Aug 3, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Aftermarket wheels with offset of 5+2 or 4+3 pair well with 26 or 27" tires.
Personally, I run 12" steel wheels with 27" tires, 4+3 offset, 9" front, 11" rear.
Thanks it looks like im going to have to do a small offset (which is understandable). I honestly would like to just keep it stock but I feel like it is not enough to do normal trail riding.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Welcome from Alabama.
Door nets are a safety item designed to keep your arms inside in the event of a rollover. you might ask @educ8tedguess his thoughts, I remember the photo's he posted after the accident, but personally I wouldn't take them off. I have unclipped the top when no danger of roll over like roaming around the Petit le Mans racetrack or when crossing the Big Mac Bridge for better vision out the side.
When I grade our driveway, I bungee the driver door open since the landscape rake is manually adjustable and I'm in and out of the cab a lot.
I struggled with whether or not to utilize the nets. I felt they cut down on my ability to see everything at first but then got used to them and used them when trail riding. On the pioneer 700 and 1000, I left the nets on the back for my kids. I took the fronts off of the 1000 when I first got it but then put them back on and just zip tied or used bungy cords to hold them back when plowing or doing stuff around the house.
On the 500, I really considered taking them off because they made me feel a little claustrophobic in the smaller cab. But, I ended up leaving them on.
Ultimately, my decision to use the nets (and seat belts and a helmet) comes from the experiences I have had. A good friend of mine has gone through multiple wrist/hand surgeries from when he rolled a polaris ranger that he rented. He put his hand out as it was tipping over and crushed it between rocks and the ROPS. And when I wrecked my 500, i was wearing a seatbelt and helmet and ended up cracking the helmet on the ROPS and still had a pretty good cut on the bridge of my nose.
In no way do I consider myself the safety police so please just take this as opinion based on my own experiences.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I struggled with whether or not to utilize the nets. I felt they cut down on my ability to see everything at first but then got used to them and used them when trail riding. On the pioneer 700 and 1000, I left the nets on the back for my kids. I took the fronts off of the 1000 when I first got it but then put them back on and just zip tied or used bungy cords to hold them back when plowing or doing stuff around the house.
On the 500, I really considered taking them off because they made me feel a little claustrophobic in the smaller cab. But, I ended up leaving them on.
Ultimately, my decision to use the nets (and seat belts and a helmet) comes from the experiences I have had. A good friend of mine has gone through multiple wrist/hand surgeries from when he rolled a polaris ranger that he rented. He put his hand out as it was tipping over and crushed it between rocks and the ROPS. And when I wrecked my 500, i was wearing a seatbelt and helmet and ended up cracking the helmet on the ROPS and still had a pretty good cut on the bridge of my nose.
In no way do I consider myself the safety police so please just take this as opinion based on my own experiences.

I was on a ride and dropped into a deep rut drivers side and stuck my arm out instinctively, I quickly realized what was going on and retracted my arm real quick. I don't use my nets all the time, but in sketchy areas its a good idea to use them.

Last edited:
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Side nets are also usefull to keep things out of the cab. Some of the guys I ride with are on 3wheelers, and the trails they cut are *tight*. Without the nets, woulda ended up with lots of branches slapping us in the face, and my GF woulda had a face fulla stickers.

MVIMG 20201003 134007

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thats an awesome looking rig. If you dont mind how do you load and unload that from the trailer? Do you just find a ditch? Have ramps?
Here are a couple of pictures I promised about the ramps

20220307 125217252 iOS
20220307 125202066 iOS

Reactions: trigger
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome, glove box is great for locking up valuables and keeping them dry easy install. Side nets keep tree branches off you in tight areas saves me from getting all cut up. I have a storage box in the back for all my extra gear highly recommend. Enjoy customizing that's half the fun! I have a 6x10 trailer and it gives the extra room w/o a tight fit and it fits w/ truck exactly in two barking spaces. Don't forget the pictures.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!