P1000m5 Adam490's Short Bus

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All it takes is a welder and some steel and it will look better than new. I spent 2 months working on mine before it ever went into the mud based on all the build and feedback on this site, and I still wish I would have done more, but you got to enjoy them sooner or later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You can see the extent of the damage on the driver's side pretty good in this pic:

View attachment 207982

Passenger is just a slight upward bend that would be easy to fix, but the driver's side is pretty smooshed.
Did that "small dent" come from you new avatar? 😆

I've seen the videos, there aint a lot of pipes that would put up with that kinda banging around 🤣🤣

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Did that "small dent" come from you new avatar? 😆

I've seen the videos, there aint a lot of pipes that would put up with that kinda banging around 🤣🤣
No, I didn't get much new damage at Tackett surprisingly. Lots of scratches but very minimal real damage. The passenger tube got pushed up on Widowmaker. The driver tube got destroyed by a stump out at the local mud park, so not even a cool story. Was following a guy and they had just put in a new culvert. It was pretty muddy so it had been slowly eroding all day and when I came across it the side washed out and I fell off hard into the ditch right into a stump. Pretty much sucked...

Edit: Forgot to add that I had literally gone to find some angle to beef up those rails that morning before it happened; they only had one piece so I decided to wait until they got more in to do both rails at the same time. Jokes on me lol!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been getting some maintenance done on the old girl since I hit my 1200 mile service at Tackett. Changed all the oils, welded in the rest of my tee nuts for the skid plate mounts, and ordered up a PV3 as a Father's Day present :p. Started rerunning wires to the rear for some reverse lights and to try and figure out why my whips died.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about my side rails, but since they are pretty trashed I'm leaning towards cutting them and welding in some real tubing. I know @snuffnwhisky @Delton @ohanacreek (and others I'm sure) added the bracing to the rear but that won't help mine at this point since they are beat to s*** in the middle. @Delton did you ever look into making the side rails any further? I know you had posted about it a while back... Looks like a lot of bends. I was going to cut it right after the first support tube and weld in a new straight piece of thicker wall tubing, then sleeve it on the inside with a couple plug welds. Never done anything like this before but figure I can't screw it up anymore than it already is....right :eek:??

View attachment 207974

Oh, and added my TCM sticker to the hood :cool:

View attachment 207975
Where do you find/buy the TCM sticker?

Reactions: BWAF
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Showed up a day early. Looks like work is over for today 😜...

IMG 20200617 152459

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Finally got a set of the plug-and-play auto-on reverse lights from the club store... should have got them a long time ago! Literally a 20 minute install, and 10 of that is running the wire and zip-tying. Now I know why they are always out of stock. @Hondasxs got some new 2FAROFFROAD lights in that look pretty slick with the laser engraving.

Link to club store

The clamps that come with the kit are just like those used for the OEM roof and OEM windshield, so no fighting with cheap hardware or screws. Everything is already mounted and ready to go, just adjust the clamp for tightness.

No cutting or splicing, just unplug the dummy plug under the bed and plug in the OEM style plugs included. Lights are super bright and come on as soon as you throw it in reverse. I'm going to pick up the work light switch soon as well so I can use them without putting it in reverse (Club Store link)

I also added an amber chase light in the middle of the rear roof but need to decide how I'm going to wire it up since I didn't want to use a switch slot. I was originally going to tap into the tail light, but Richard convinced me to go with a dual position switch for the whip lights and the chase...smart feller. Still don't have a clue what happened to my whips. Ordering another set to see if the control box is bad.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got a set of the plug-and-play auto-on reverse lights from the club store... should have got them a long time ago! Literally a 20 minute install, and 10 of that is running the wire and zip-tying. Now I know why they are always out of stock. @Hondasxs got some new 2FAROFFROAD lights in that look pretty slick with the laser engraving.

Link to club store

View attachment 209213

The clamps that come with the kit are just like those used for the OEM roof and OEM windshield, so no fighting with cheap hardware or screws. Everything is already mounted and ready to go, just adjust the clamp for tightness.

View attachment 209216

No cutting or splicing, just unplug the dummy plug under the bed and plug in the OEM style plugs included. Lights are super bright and come on as soon as you throw it in reverse. I'm going to pick up the work light switch soon as well so I can use them without putting it in reverse (Club Store link)

I also added an amber chase light in the middle of the rear roof but need to decide how I'm going to wire it up since I didn't want to use a switch slot. I was originally going to tap into the tail light, but Richard convinced me to go with a dual position switch for the whip lights and the chase...smart feller. Still don't have a clue what happened to my whips. Ordering another set to see if the control box is bad.

View attachment 209217
Careful with claiming 20 minutes AJ, one guy told me that if you’re old and fat it takes an hours or so lol. That was after he watched my install video lol.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Link to club store

View attachment 209213

View attachment 209216

View attachment 209217
Like the amber I did one of these in tail light circuit under side is clear and shines in tool box

20171014 173824 20170531 200211

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Link to club store

View attachment 209213

View attachment 209216

View attachment 209217
Wish that was available when I did mine I had to turn the plug into my home made connector and then wired it All In

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Wish that was available when I did mine I had to turn the plug into my home made connector and then wired it All In
Yeah, I had run wire thinking I'd have to give them juice. Super simple with how he's got it setup now. I could see where it would be a pain the ass if you were a bigger boy or your dummy plug was funky with mud/dirt and you had to fight it. Mine popped right out on the first try.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I had run wire thinking I'd have to give them juice. Super simple with how he's got it setup now. I could see where it would be a pain the ass if you were a bigger boy or your dummy plug was funky with mud/dirt and you had to fight it. Mine popped right out on the first try.
Amen, I love my lights, super simple!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Figured out my whip light issue is either the control box or the remote. Tried new switch, new wire, cleaning terminals... nothing worked. Figured I'd at least tap into the power for my chase light for a ride this weekend so I can use the existing whip switch. Lo and behold the damn LED whips come on and go bonkers! Flashed every color no matter what button I pressed on the remote and then would just hang with a few LED's lit up. Turned off and back on and quickly picked a solid color (yellow, duh) and it seems to work. Ordered a new remote and a dual position switch because it's way cheaper than a control box; hopefully that fixes it. I like the chase light and I think it'll be great for dusty or rainy rides.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Plumber32 I don't think I got any pics of my copilot in the machine 🤪. Kid was a hoot, and I now know everything there is to know about Fortnite and WrestleMania 6. It was fun toting him around, made me miss my munchkin.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!