Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They were loctited and double nutted. Still came loose. The terrain we were in didn't do it any favors so I just thread locked again and gorilla tightened it.
🤔 back to the drawing board.

Reactions: BWAF and Ridinfool
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Figured out where my slack was when I pulled the wheels to change brake pads. Damned driver upper SATV arm. Anybody ever figure out how the hell to prevent this from loosening or should I just check it every ride??

nope I used red loctite and had to tighten them constantly. Go ahead and order a couple extra bolts.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They were loctited and double nutted. Still came loose. The terrain we were in didn't do it any favors so I just thread locked again and gorilla tightened it.
I had/ have some issue .. several have been replaced because the threads wear when the nuts get loose .... just need to get the time but I am thinking tac welding the nuts this time

Reactions: BWAF and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I had/ have some issue .. several have been replaced because the threads wear when the nuts get loose .... just need to get the time but I am thinking tac welding the nuts this time
I thought about doing that but I think it'll just spin it in the nut

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Full size nut not jam nut ,drill and tap for set screw maybe

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
... Finally killed a side view mirror on a tree at some point.
Reached out to Chupacabra Offroad to see if they'd sell me one mirror after I killed one running the 50" trails. Found out they have a lifetime warranty! Really easy to deal with and my new driver mirror and mount came in today.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Been getting some maintenance done on the old girl since I hit my 1200 mile service at Tackett. Changed all the oils, welded in the rest of my tee nuts for the skid plate mounts, and ordered up a PV3 as a Father's Day present :p. Started rerunning wires to the rear for some reverse lights and to try and figure out why my whips died.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about my side rails, but since they are pretty trashed I'm leaning towards cutting them and welding in some real tubing. I know @snuffnwhisky @Delton @ohanacreek (and others I'm sure) added the bracing to the rear but that won't help mine at this point since they are beat to s*** in the middle. @Delton did you ever look into making the side rails any further? I know you had posted about it a while back... Looks like a lot of bends. I was going to cut it right after the first support tube and weld in a new straight piece of thicker wall tubing, then sleeve it on the inside with a couple plug welds. Never done anything like this before but figure I can't screw it up anymore than it already is....right :eek:??

Oh, and added my TCM sticker to the hood :cool:

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been getting some maintenance done on the old girl since I hit my 1200 mile service at Tackett. Changed all the oils, welded in the rest of my tee nuts for the skid plate mounts, and ordered up a PV3 as a Father's Day present :p. Started rerunning wires to the rear for some reverse lights and to try and figure out why my whips died.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about my side rails, but since they are pretty trashed I'm leaning towards cutting them and welding in some real tubing. I know @snuffnwhisky @Delton @ohanacreek (and others I'm sure) added the bracing to the rear but that won't help mine at this point since they are beat to s*** in the middle. @Delton did you ever look into making the side rails any further? I know you had posted about it a while back... Looks like a lot of bends. I was going to cut it right after the first support tube and weld in a new straight piece of thicker wall tubing, then sleeve it on the inside with a couple plug welds. Never done anything like this before but figure I can't screw it up anymore than it already is....right :eek:??

View attachment 207974

View attachment 207975
I would just cope a new outer tube in. Basically replace the outside rail with a new thicker wall tube.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adam490
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 207974

View attachment 207975
If I would have known how flimsy the side rails are when new and not bent up, I would have slid some 1 1/4 SCH 80 BLK pipe in them and tacked them in, I measured and the 1 1/4 is a good fit.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 207974

View attachment 207975
Mine were bent some I put the angle on it anyway. Behind the B-Pillar was bent up 2-3 inches I cut it bent it down and welded it. The strength will be from the angle and bracing. Ill post some pictures at some point this week kinda busy right now and I haven't taken any yet.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
If I would have known how flimsy the side rails are when new and not bent up, I would have slid some 1 1/4 SCH 80 BLK pipe in them and tacked them in, I measured and the 1 1/4 is a good fit.
Same. I would have done that and the angle iron. If these are too far gone I will definitely do it with the new ones.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Mine were bent some I put the angle on it anyway. Behind the B-Pillar was bent up 2-3 inches I cut it bent it down and welded it. The strength will be from the angle and bracing. Ill post some pictures at some point this week kinda busy right now and I haven't taken any yet.
That's the problem, mine is bent from the side and upward just after the first bend coming from the A. The rear section that has no support is surprisingly pretty straight still...go figure.

Reactions: BWAF
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You can see the extent of the damage on the driver's side pretty good in this pic:

Passenger is just a slight upward bend that would be easy to fix, but the driver's side is pretty smooshed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!