P500 Added a roof to my P5

Jevin

Jevin

Oct 2, 2019
Saint John, NB, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I decided to buy a roof for my P5. Thinking with the snow this winter it will come in handy. The price was right and seems to be of decent quality.

50B0685A C77B 41C0 A114 BB6C4C574DBC

J

Jut

Aug 28, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I have that roof and find it flaps in the middle at the front while transporting it at highway speeds. It's to the point that a couple of the mounting bolts backed out and disappeared. I now run a ratchet strap over the top from front to back to give it a little downward pressure and stop the flapping. It could be because I have a windshield and/or back windshield as well.

That's not to say it isn't tough. I once strapped an Action Packer on the roof when I had to load a broken dirt bike in the back. After 70 kms of whooped out sand, there was no permanent damage or wear marks with just a sweatshirt softener between the Action Packer and the roof. Although I was glad I was on my CRF450 and not one of the people in the P5. I knew better than to go into the bush with a guy on a Husqvarna.

I would buy the roof again.

Reactions: Chooglin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!