Advice please

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Mounted my fuel pack and water pack on my machine, someone mentioned if I thought it was safe, so I figured I'd ask for advise. Only place I could find to mount it is on the extended gate, but after mounting I see it's over tail pipe, but any where you mount it in bed, it's over tail pipe. Someone said put gas can on outside of rack where water cell is, but scared someone might run into back of me and bust it, that would be worse... Just tell me what y'all think, nicely please

IMG 20220830 081537430

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I pondered the same when I ordered my extender.
I honestly think outside the tailgate is a worse spot than inside like you have it.
Its far enough away from the muffler to be worried about heat of concerning levels.
Its always a risk.

When we go overlanding. I usually don't have a passenger.
My fuel tank is in the passenger floorboard strapped down.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Mounted my fuel pack and water pack on my machine, someone mentioned if I thought it was safe, so I figured I'd ask for advise. Only place I could find to mount it is on the extended gate, but after mounting I see it's over tail pipe, but any where you mount it in bed, it's over tail pipe. Someone said put gas can on outside of rack where water cell is, but scared someone might run into back of me and bust it, that would be worse... Just tell me what y'all think, nicely please

View attachment 351493
I don't have a talon but I don't see a problem with it 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure some of these guys will jump in soon enough 👍

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 351493
I had a 5 gallon jug bust in the bed of my Pioneer. It ran all down the back of the machine. I wouldn't sweat it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!