P700 Aftermarket exhaust

Terry

Terry

May 19, 2015
Arkansas
wanting to replace exhaust with an aftermarket slip on, will I need a tuner or will just replacing exhaust be fine?

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
What year model ? From my understanding if you don't have o2 censors in your exhaust you may have to. But if you do have censors it will correct the lean/rich mixtures itself.

Terry

Terry

May 19, 2015
Arkansas
Yeah I just read where 2014 you have to have a tuner but 2015-2017 you don’t need one.
What year model ? From my understanding if you don't have o2 censors in your exhaust you may have to. But if you do have censors it will correct the lean/rich mixtures itself.
hete

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
What brand slip on you wanting? I'd like to get me one one day if I can find one for a good price

Reactions: Farmer
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2014 with a Yoshimura pipe and no tuner. I've put about 5000 miles on it with this setup and no problems, runs great

Reactions: 1rooster
Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just an FYI... If you run in any water, do not change the pipe or tip. A larger tip or pipe allows water to get into the exhaust, even if the engine is running. The water will create enough back pressure that the engine will stall and water can flow into the cylinder. The stock pipe creates enough pressure that water will stay out as long as the engine is running.

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4718
That is true. I ran a hmf on my big bear for a couple of years without any issues. I could idle under water for hours and never had any shut offs but I had other buddy's that would randomly shut off and have to be drained.
Just an FYI... If you run in any water, do not change the pipe or tip. A larger tip or pipe allows water to get into the exhaust, even if the engine is running. The water will create enough back pressure that the engine will stall and water can flow into the cylinder. The stock pipe creates enough pressure that water will stay out as long as the engine is running.

D

Dan101

Jul 18, 2018
Lakeport CA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
HMF Titan black with quiet insert
I'm thinking the same way to go. Want to quiet it down even more to slip up on the wild boars. Any idea of cost? I have a 2018 deluxe 700 and just getting ready for the first tune up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!