P700 Exhaust Chirp

S

Sidmcneil

Feb 20, 2021
Memphis, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys,
Need help here. I have a chirp coming from what I believe is the exhaust heat shield but I cannot seem to remedy the problem. I have taken it to the dealer and they couldn’t find the source (told me they heard it loud and clear, just let them know if it gets worse), I have tightened all the hose clamps (broke some and replaced with heavy duty ones), and lubricated all engine mounts, etc. It does it at idle and low speeds. If i push on the baffling it stops. Any help greatly appreciated as I am at wits end.
Thanks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys,
Need help here. I have a chirp coming from what I believe is the exhaust heat shield but I cannot seem to remedy the problem. I have taken it to the dealer and they couldn’t find the source (told me they heard it loud and clear, just let them know if it gets worse), I have tightened all the hose clamps (broke some and replaced with heavy duty ones), and lubricated all engine mounts, etc. It does it at idle and low speeds. If i push on the baffling it stops. Any help greatly appreciated as I am at wits end.
Thanks

I have a 2021 700-2D with the same chirping you describe coming from the passenger side so I'll be following this and hopefully someone here has the solution.

M

MrT

Jun 17, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a new 700-2 also and have had the same annoying problem since my first ride. Have just over 100 miles now. Going in for service next week at dealership, hope they can solve this. Mentioned it when I made appointment but talked like they never heard of this problem, seems like it is a common problem expressed by owners of these vehicles. Seems to be exhaust relatedness.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

M

MrT

Jun 17, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a new 700-2 also and have had the same annoying problem since my first ride. Have just over 100 miles now. Going in for service next week at dealership, hope they can solve this. Mentioned it when I made appointment but talked like they never heard of this problem, seems like it is a common problem expressed by owners of these vehicles. Seems to be exhaust relatedness.
Update,
After trying to solve the problem myself with no success, I took it back to the dealership this week and explained to them about my frustration with this problem as it was taking all the fun out of driving it. I felt it was something to do with the drivetrain as the sound seemed to be coming from the center of the floor of the cab and mostly went away when it was in 4wd. Ultimately they found that the splines on the driveshaft from the transmission to the front differential we not properly lubricated. Greased these and the “chirping” sound has disappeared. Took it for a drive on trails for about 8 miles yesterday and seems like problem solved!
Hope this helps those of you who are experiencing this aggravating noise.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Update,
After trying to solve the problem myself with no success, I took it back to the dealership this week and explained to them about my frustration with this problem as it was taking all the fun out of driving it. I felt it was something to do with the drivetrain as the sound seemed to be coming from the center of the floor of the cab and mostly went away when it was in 4wd. Ultimately they found that the splines on the driveshaft from the transmission to the front differential we not properly lubricated. Greased these and the “chirping” sound has disappeared. Took it for a drive on trails for about 8 miles yesterday and seems like problem solved!
Hope this helps those of you who are experiencing this aggravating noise.
There was a service bulletin about this very thing. Glad they got it for you.

advertisement
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Took me two trips to dealer to get it solved. Told dealer first time I thought there was a service bulletin but he said he knew nothing about it. Each trip was 100 miles each way!
My point exactly, very unfortunate.

• Wow
M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Following, I am waiting to receive my new one so want to know if I should poke the dealer if all service bullitens have been done on the unit before I rec it.

Phil

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!