Talon Aftermarket support. Shock tuning, cages etc..

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Been researching Talon aftermarket support and keep striking out. Anyone know of a shock tuner or cage builder that's working on the Talon.

Reactions: BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Pretty sure I heard Shock Therapy was working on the shocks. I've heard mixed reviews about them though. Talon page on FB might be your best bet getting that info.

Reactions: BWAF
S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Pretty sure I heard Shock Therapy was working on the shocks. I've heard mixed reviews about them though. Talon page on FB might be your best bet getting that info.
I have shock Therapy on both my X3's but will stay away from them if I build a Talon. Talon is definitely not getting the aftermarket love that my X3 has, which is too bad.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been researching Talon aftermarket support and keep striking out. Anyone know of a shock tuner or cage builder that's working on the Talon.
TQR did @my99svt cage

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's kinda soon to expect a lot of selection. There are not enough customers yet. If the 2020 chassis remains largely identical to the 2019, with the same issues in other words, the volume of machines in the field will start to drive enough demand and potential profit for the aftermarket to make more development investment.

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It's kinda soon to expect a lot of selection. There are not enough customers yet. If the 2020 chassis remains largely identical to the 2019, with the same issues in other words, the volume of machines in the field will start to drive enough demand and potential profit for the aftermarket to make more development investment.
My 2017 Candham X3 was only three months old and had a custom cage, CT Raceworx shocks a Powertune Stage II tune and a bunch of aftermarket parts on it. The same with my first gen rzr 900. Was hoping for some more excitement from the aftermarket realm. Other than the poor cage welds what Talon issues are you talking about?

H

HondaTech

My 2017 Candham X3 was only three months old and had a custom cage, CT Raceworx shocks a Powertune Stage II tune and a bunch of aftermarket parts on it. The same with my first gen rzr 900. Was hoping for some more excitement from the aftermarket realm. Other than the poor cage welds what Talon issues are you talking about?

I mean if you look on Instagram, their are tons of people busking cages. I woulsnt really call a custome cage "aftermarket" since it's usually built by a shop to your specs or look. Theres guys making rear arms, bumpers, bed extenders, all sorts of stuff.

If you showed up at a cage guys shop, they'd build whatever you could dream of on a Talon.

The engine is harder to tune, since the trans has to be adjusted for the extra power. You can't just adjust fuel/air/spark and get power without turning for shift points. It's a brand new platform, itll get there.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I mean if you look on Instagram, their are tons of people busking cages. I woulsnt really call a custome cage "aftermarket" since it's usually built by a shop to your specs or look. Theres guys making rear arms, bumpers, bed extenders, all sorts of stuff.

If you showed up at a cage guys shop, they'd build whatever you could dream of on a Talon.

The engine is harder to tune, since the trans has to be adjusted for the extra power. You can't just adjust fuel/air/spark and get power without turning for shift points. It's a brand new platform, itll get there.
I just can't get wound up up about the the first year Talon, been there done that, we'll see what 2011 has to offer?

Reactions: TripleB
S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sorry, I don't do Instagram. I have reached out to some of my aftermarket cage builders but haven't got any interest in a Talon cage. CT and S-3 have built SCORE and BITD approved cages for me in the past that I definitely trust with my life. Do you have a link to the rear arms?

H

HondaTech

Sorry, I don't do Instagram. I have reached out to some of my aftermarket cage builders but haven't got any interest in a Talon cage. CT and S-3 have built SCORE and BITD approved cages for me in the past that I definitely trust with my life. Do you have a link to the rear arms?

Talon 1000R RADIUS RODS (SET OF 4)

Trinity Racing had a video of their exhaust dyno with some other rear arms. But they didnt mention who makes them.

S

Smokeat

Jun 29, 2018
IE SoCal
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just for a second, imagine if you will that the Talon was introduced in 2011!! Where would the the SxS world be now?

Reactions: popeye and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!