Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
My p 1000 has 100 mi. on it works the same would think somebody is under the machine with a hammer hitting the floor board every time it shifts not much fun mine is back to the dealer my buddy has same machine his does not act like mine at all other issues to think maybe i found the lemon of the bunch .
Is yours also a 2016 model??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
:eek: That’s real discouraging then...
Do try the manual mode when you’re in low. I never use auto in low, it allows the rpm’s to go way too high for my liking before it shifts and the shift is far too abrupt at those higher engine rpm’s.

Reactions: Rambo

1234Doug

Jan 10, 2019
Bancroft Ont
Ownership

1. 500
:eek: That’s real discouraging then...
Do try the manual mode when you’re in low. I never use auto in low, it allows the rpm’s to go way too high for my liking before it shifts and the shift is far too abrupt at those higher engine rpm’s.
To be honnest havent had a need for low much as of yet ,just got the machine brand new a couple of weeks ago ,mostly riding side roads at around 30 to 4 0 miles per hour ,the shifting is terrible bangs every time it shifts not pleasant wife is very discouraged with it ,if we thought we wouldent get sued for breaking a contract i think we would be leaving it at the dealers.turf mode doesent work rear seat belt doesent work ,put a soft enclosure on it its got gaps all over on it not installed right or wrong enclosure lol lots of fun.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
To be honnest havent had a need for low much as of yet ,just got the machine brand new a couple of weeks ago ,mostly riding side roads at around 30 to 4 0 miles per hour ,the shifting is terrible bangs every time it shifts not pleasant wife is very discouraged with it ,if we thought we wouldent get sued for breaking a contract i think we would be leaving it at the dealers.turf mode doesent work rear seat belt doesent work ,put a soft enclosure on it its got gaps all over on it not installed right or wrong enclosure lol lots of fun.
It’s under warranty, get that thing back to the dealership. Wondering if the federal lemon law extends to SXS’s????

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1234Doug, sorry to hear about your issues. The shifting does get a lot better after miles and an oil change. My wife wasnt happy with ours at first either, but at 1,200 miles it is a much different vehicle. The Turf range issue is a very common and easy adjustment under the driver's side rear footwell. I'm not sure if the dealer is supposed to check that before delivery, but it appears most don't. I was able to adjust mine easily. There is a good post on here if you search. I'm not sure about the seatbelt, but your dealer should be able to help with it.

I was surprised about how many little things I've had to do to my 2017 considering my Honda ATV's and dirt bikes have been perfect from day one. I am very happy with my machine now, and I did a lot of research before buying. This forum pointed me in the right direction and i was expecting some of it because i researched here before buying. Most other UTV's seemed to have more major long term issues, so I have no regrets.

I hope you are able to reach that point as well. Good luck.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My p 1000 has 100 mi. on it works the same would think somebody is under the machine with a hammer hitting the floor board every time it shifts not much fun mine is back to the dealer my buddy has same machine his does not act like mine at all other issues to think maybe i found the lemon of the bunch .

Seems like they’re all clunky like that when they’re new. Mine was. Most of us have found it to shift significantly smoother and quieter after the first service.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My ‘18 shifts pretty hard in low even after the first service but doesn’t make anymore noise than when in it’s in high range. I’ve found that running it in manual is the best solution. I’d rather have control anyway when I’m in a situation where I need low range, whether it be trails or towing.

Reactions: Smitty335

1234Doug

Jan 10, 2019
Bancroft Ont
Ownership

1. 500
My ‘18 shifts pretty hard in low even after the first service but doesn’t make anymore noise than when in it’s in high range. I’ve found that running it in manual is the best solution. I’d rather have control anyway when I’m in a situation where I need low range, whether it be trails or towing.
Ya i get that just figure if you are investing almost $30,000 in a play toy it should be flawless in my oppion i dont think we should have to get our hands dirty on it for atleast the first year anyway if we spent that kind of money on a car or truck and it didnt run right we would be up in arms about it

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya i get that just figure if you are investing almost $30,000 in a play toy it should be flawless in my oppion i dont think we should have to get our hands dirty on it for atleast the first year anyway if we spent that kind of money on a car or truck and it didnt run right we would be up in arms about it

I agree but I’ve owned three different brands of SXS over the last 5yrs and had to tweak things on every one of them when new with my Pioneer having the least amount of issues.

Reactions: Firemedic530

1234Doug

Jan 10, 2019
Bancroft Ont
Ownership

1. 500
I agree but I’ve owned three different brands of SXS over the last 5yrs and had to tweak things on every one of them when new with my Pioneer having the least amount of issues.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
A throttle max pedal has made my adventures in low range much better. Take a look at installing one, on aggressive tires I run low below 30mph on non aggressive I keep it in high the whole time my aggressive tires are 30's my non aggressive tread are 28's

1234Doug

Jan 10, 2019
Bancroft Ont
Ownership

1. 500
Thats great if you are so inclined but im not so every tweak has to be done by the dealler right now under warranty but that wont last for ever ,im 62 years old wanted something dependable me and my wife could enjoy the trails and nature with for the next couple of years ,bought a Honda for their reputation ,but in my books not to sure i made the right decision.Hear of heating issues tranny problems enclosures not fitting right and the list gos on ,i dont know?

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On your rear seat belt issue. I thought mine didn’t work at one point. Flip the latch over and it will go in and latch. Is that maybe your issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1234Doug

Jan 10, 2019
Bancroft Ont
Ownership

1. 500
On your rear seat belt issue. I thought mine didn’t work at one point. Flip the latch over and it will go in and latch. Is that maybe your issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Bud will check that out when i get it back from the shop

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!