• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon Air Cleaner concern on my 1000x

Discussion in 'General Talon 1000 Discussion' started by fartsalot, Jun 11, 2019.

1. DRKnight

DRKnight Active Member
    Supporting Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
  2. CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher The woods made me do it,yet again!
    Lifetime Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5, Other Brand
  3. hondabob

hondabob Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-3, Other Brand
    Your air filter will be clean for over 10,000 miles with the Particle filter. T-Bob sent me your particle separator pictures, good job. I have a Uni Pre filter under my roof and since its in a clear air environment its still ok at 4,006 miles and I should get another 3 to 3 thousand miles. I don't follow in the dust, we usually have a one minute separation. My Pioneer 1000 has a Uni Pre Filter and a outerwear. My air filter is still clean with 18,000 miles on it.

20190422_172055_resized.jpg PreFilter1.jpg 18,000Miles.jpg

DRKnight and HUCK like this.
  4. devildog1000R

devildog1000R New Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    That is a very clean install i may be looking into doing this myself (no front winshield) so i may just mount it to the roll bar

5. sandshark

sandshark New Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    I can't believe Honda did not use a Donaldson filter set up on the Talon. Both the X3 and XP use the Donaldson set up. Nothing gets past the filters and you tap them on the ground to get the dirt/dust out and you can hit it from the inside with an air compressor.