Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here we go again! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣
Lots of threads on this too. Heres one that came up right away that should have your answer.

RussellB

RussellB

Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2022
Redding CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Viair lists everything you need to know on their business website.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I store my Viair in the Under hood storage box, fits perfectly along with the other emergency gear.

I installed mine about 400 miles ago, and loaded it up with a pair of heavy shackles, a tree saver, and a 20' strap; there's still decent room to spare for other stuff. I didn't bother with the foam because it is a really bad joke . . . like a hooker with a penis level of bad. There was surprisingly little dust inside despite the lack of foam, much less than my storage stuff in the back. While bashing through the Utah desert, I have not noticed any cooling issues, the gauge stays in the middle. I wouldn't expect any cooling issues with a 7-8" air gap between the trunk and the radiator. Concerning the hoped for effect of minimizing hot air entry into the cab, there doesn't appear to be any reduction in that, seems hot air mostly enters through the shifter hole. The trunk appears sturdy, it's holding the cargo without any rattles, and no noticeable wear or cracking.

Yes, it's expensive, but what add-on isn't overpriced for SxSs? This one appears to work, at least, and ensures I always have recovery equipment handy.

View attachment 219291

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Viair lists everything you need to know on their business website.
I also carry the Viair 88P. You can set a bead with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you could fit the Milwaukee 18v tire inflator somewhere. That's my choice. You can set a bead with it.
I third this choice
Yeah baby! Yeah! Oh behave!!!!
IMG 0910

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah baby! Yeah! Oh behave!!!!
View attachment 419592
Not gonna lie, it’s been on my shopping list for a while. If you’re already on the battery platform this is a great option. I’m trying to convince myself the convenience of not wrapping up wires is worth replacing a perfectly good Viair I have.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not gonna lie, it’s been on my shopping list for a while. If you’re already on the battery platform this is a great option. I’m trying to convince myself the convenience of not wrapping up wires is worth replacing a perfectly good Viair I have.
The thing abot a Viair, if the buggy will start, you have power. It will be my luck that when I need to use my 20v DeWalt compressor, the battery will be dead.

I was able to pump this low tire up to 80 lbs. (loose TPMS valve stem sender) -
I V33fG2d X2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!