BOX1

Air cleaners

P

Pan

Apr 9, 2016
Gorham NH 03581
I am still waiting for my Honda Talon, but hearing Honda has a problem with having to change their air filters. Has anyone addressed this problem? And if so, what is the general consensus for curing that problem. Thank You.

Reactions: Squeegee and 906UP
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am still waiting for my Honda Talon, but hearing Honda has a problem with having to change their air filters. Has anyone addressed this problem? And if so, what is the general consensus for curing that problem. Thank You.
There is a relocation kit. 10-80 dirt sports (or something like that) created and sells. Looks good and provides a prefilter that peeps seem to be happy with. I’ll see if I can find you his member name.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a thread on the kit…

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The 10-80 Dirt Sports pre filter kit is what you want. Install it when the machine is new and you will never have to open up the main airbox. I ran one on my Talon race car last season and my factory installed air filter was as good as new when I took it out after the season was over.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Better thread here skips the first version which passed through the fender grate.
Talon intake pre-filter kit

About 130 kits sold since March, not including tubes only, for people who wanted to run a different pre-filter. August has been the busiest month so far for these kits. I've been hit very hard this month.

I'm running extremely low on the desertcraft filters but should be receiving a restocking order of 70 by mid September. The filters are the largest upfront expense for me because I have to meet a minimum quantity to have them made and allow 4-6 weeks lead time. These particular filters are only made for my kits. All of the other components I can order is smaller quantities.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I ran the Honda accessories S&B particle separator for a yr, worked OK....ish. Switched to 10-80's set up this year and it's much improved. I did just switch out the Desert Kraft filter for an oiled Unifilter to see if it will be even better. My stock filter was dirtier than I expected at 1500 mile but it has more to do with the dust we've been riding in this year.
20220305 121027
20220305 121101

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
The 10-80 Dirt Sports pre filter kit is the best thing going IMHO and of course I have one installed... You can choose what ever pre filter you like. Take a extra one with you and you can change it out in about 60 seconds with a fresh filter if needed. I put a restriction gauge on my air box and it tells me if the OEM filter needs changing and so far it has no need to be changed.

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I put a restriction gauge on my air box and it tells me if the OEM filter needs changing and so far it has no need to be changed.
Do you have a link for what you installed? Thanks

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon X
How long is still?
Filter Minder® - Highest Quality Indicators, Gauges, Switches and Sensors You install it on the air box cover,,, works like a charm, you can get fancy and get one that has a gauge that you put on your dash inside the cabin. My 02 Ford 250 diesel has one from the factory that sends a signal to my dash.

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon X
  • Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
  • Haha
Reactions: Smittyp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!