P1000 Air Cleaner

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
1. How do you access the 5 bolts on the back side (next to the seat back)? Do you remove the seat back? It may be that my Super ATV back windshield prevents access.
2. What do Dealers typically charge to perform normal maintenance (fluids, filters, air cleaner) in your area?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
1. How do you access the 5 bolts on the back side (next to the seat back)? Do you remove the seat back? It may be that my Super ATV back windshield prevents access.
2. What do Dealers typically charge to perform normal maintenance (fluids, filters, air cleaner) in your area?
Yup, remove the SATV BW to access.

Do yourself a favor and learn to do the maint yourself. The dealer charges a mint to do it. Theres a ton of threads in the search with easy step by step instructions with pics.
now if your disabled or handicapped in any way, then take it to the dealer. Just call around for the best price.

Where your located anyway? You dont have it in your profile. Helps with your question about dealer charges.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Air cleaner replacement is super easy. Work from the front seat on your knees facing the air cleaner. Use an Allen socket, extension and ratchet. Takes an hour if your taking sweet time.

Last edited:
Reactions: WagginTail
S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Thanks Remington. I've done all the maintenance on my ATVs for the last 35 years but Friday after changing the oil and filters, took me 4 hours, I realize I'm going to have to let someone else do it next time. I live in Little Rock, Arkansas (GO Hogs), how do I add my address to my profile (yes I'm a boomer).

Reactions: Hawk53
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Remington. I've done all the maintenance on my ATVs for the last 35 years but Friday after changing the oil and filters, took me 4 hours, I realize I'm going to have to let someone else do it next time. I live in Little Rock, Arkansas (GO Hogs), how do I add my address to my profile (yes I'm a boomer).
Did you check out this thread for the oil change? Don't get discouraged.

Reactions: JenElio
S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Yeah checked out a video as well, this was my second time to do the oil change so was pretty clear as to what to do (except the air cleaner) just a matter of some old man issues making it more difficult.

Reactions: Hawk53 and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah checked out a video as well, this was my second time to do the oil change so was pretty clear as to what to do (except the air cleaner) just a matter of some old man issues making it more difficult.
Like mentioned above, air cleaner is super easy. Kneel on the front seat looking back and remove the cover. I don't have experience with the back glass but that might be in your way. 👍

Good luck

Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!