Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
just signed up this eve. does anyone know of or seen a video of a oil change on a 700 . I am not afraid to perform a oil change ,but would like to see one on a vid
Have not seen a video but it is really easy to do. Your owners manual outlines it pretty well. Warm up engine, pull plug, change filter, reinstall plug, fill with oil, you're done! Of course my description pretty much describes any oil change on any vehicle, haha! On my next oil change I plan to do a "how to" thread. Stay tuned...

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I revived this because...
According to my calculations, if I build a rear bumper out of 4" pipe. I can fill it with air and use it instead of an air compressor. It will inflate my 28"x14" tires to 6 PSI, 11 times. If I use 3" pipe, I can still get 6 inflations.

That means I don't have to worry about an air compressor not working. I would carry a hose that is hard to break and have a solid bumper.

Comments?

Reactions: Deltamud
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
According to my calculations, if I build a rear bumper out of 4" pipe. I can fill it with air and use it instead of an air compressor. It will inflate my 28"x14" tires to 6 PSI, 11 times. If I use 3" pipe, I can still get 6 inflations.

That means I don't have to worry about an air compressor not working. I would carry a hose that is hard to break and have a solid bumper.

Comments?

The way my luck goes I would break the quick coupler off on a tree or rock, scare the bejezzus out of everyone around me and then have a flat later in the run. But it's a cool idea.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2

Comments?
Sounds cool! Just make sure your hose connection point is in a protected area.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Comments?

My luck? I would be rear ended by a fast approaching SXS that would slam into a pressurized pipe that would explode.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
XS Scuba 13 Cubic Foot Aluminum Tank
It holds 13 cubic feet of pressurized air. Enough for several tires and it would just peel back the metal(thats how its designed to burst) instead of exploding like pipe might.

You can get a reg that will reduce the 3000psi to a usable pressure, if you have access to SCBA tanks they are smaller and are around 4500psi so can hold more air in less space.

Reactions: joeymt33
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Now I HAVE to do it.

I actually did this mod on a 4 wheeler. Fortunately, I never needed the air.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know if they still sell them or not but I used small 12v Campbell hausfield compressors on my dragbike for years (until I went to co2). I removed it from the plastic case. One would last me an entire season airing up a small tank several times a night. I have one in the rear box of my foreman. Cut off the cig lighter attachment and added alligator clips in case somebody needed air and didn't have a 12v accessory port.

Reactions: Farmer and swsebek
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Had the Slime brand crap out on me after about 12 uses inside a year. With something you consider being an important tool, and it's necessity in the field, get it right the first time and get something good. Sorry I don't have a suggestion for a product but there's no shortage of cool ideas, maybe something integrated under the seat to protect from dirt like Charles said.

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles

Comments?
Comments?!? Uh yeah, this is a genius idea.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok guys I think I found my self in the market for a air compressor! what do you use? and why? I think I want one that I can throw on the Pioneer and go but also I would need it to be a good trailer/ shop compressor!!
Harbour Freight has many models. I just bought one for my p1000, runs on 12 volt. Will use it to fix flats, etc. Comes in a handy little carry case, takes up hardly any room. About $29. Don,t have pic. but go to their website and check under 12 volt compressors.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked up one of these from Northern Tool for around $69 last year, used it once then backed over it with my damn T200, flattened it good. Worked great though, I should get another one. This one has rubber feet and the round red disk on front is an air filter.
305400 200x200

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I picked up one of these from Northern Tool for around $69 last year, used it once then backed over it with my damn T200, flattened it good. Worked great though, I should get another one. This one has rubber feet and the round red disk on front is an air filter.
View attachment 11361
That looks like the MV-50 pump Amazon.com: Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow High-Volume 12-Volt Air Compressor: Automotive we used to tell guys with jeeps on little tires to get because its somewhat fast, had a good duty cycle and it was really cheap. Ideally I'd get an ARB compressor but for the little bit I plan on using it they aren't cost effective. Right now I carry a small power tank co2 bottle and the motopump I used to keep in my BMW motorcycle. I know on a huge adventure rider forum I'm on guys rave about these little moto pumps for emergencies and they are super small. I would think they'd work fine for an atv tire even if they will be pretty slow.
MotoPumps - Performance Under Pressure

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks like the MV-50 pump Amazon.com: Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow High-Volume 12-Volt Air Compressor: Automotive we used to tell guys with jeeps on little tires to get because its somewhat fast, had a good duty cycle and it was really cheap. Ideally I'd get an ARB compressor but for the little bit I plan on using it they aren't cost effective. Right now I carry a small power tank co2 bottle and the motopump I used to keep in my BMW motorcycle. I know on a huge adventure rider forum I'm on guys rave about these little moto pumps for emergencies and they are super small. I would think they'd work fine for an atv tire even if they will be pretty slow.
MotoPumps - Performance Under Pressure
I think this little Moto Pump would be a better choice especially with limited storage. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: CashMoney
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I think this little Moto Pump would be a better choice especially with limited storage. Thanks for posting.
I wouldn't have even tried it if the adventure riders forum people didn't highly recommend it. And some of those guys do some gnarly trail riding on those motorcycles.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
ok guys I think I found my self in the market for a air compressor! what do you use? and why? I think I want one that I can throw on the Pioneer and go but also I would need it to be a good trailer/ shop compressor!!
Screen Shot 2016 03 13 at 124653 AM

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I have been using this type for years and when the battery eventually dies replace it with a better one (not bad to begin with but) its tough and will last

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!