Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
ok guys I think I found my self in the market for a air compressor! what do you use? and why? I think I want one that I can throw on the Pioneer and go but also I would need it to be a good trailer/ shop compressor!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You don't have ANY air compressor now. How much are you going to use it??? If you needed it every day you would already have one, right???

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
You don't have ANY air compressor now. How much are you going to use it??? If you needed it every day you would already have one, right???
Not right! I had a small apartment until last month and didn't have room for one and had to use other peoples and the one at work. but now that I have room I don't have to trailer my project every time I need Air. plus the garage door is to short so yes in the winter time I would need a air compressor almost every day to air back up the tire.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not right! I had a small apartment until last month and didn't have room for one and had to use other peoples and the one at work. but now that I have room I don't have to trailer my project every time I need Air. plus the garage door is to short so yes in the winter time I would need a air compressor almost every day to air back up the tire.

Then I would get an elcheapo $20-30 for the trail emergencies, and a small regular duty for the garage. I'm sure being on Kodiak Island doesn't help for options.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I bought a "slime" brand 12v compressor to keep on the pioneer just in case, and then have one in the garage for home use. I wouldn't expect to many 12v compressors to much more than occasional use as i think they are made for emergency use. Not to mention the fact that they are slower than death, so daily use would get old fast IMO

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm sure being on Kodiak Island doesn't help for options.

Yep and then shipping costs make you wonder what buck shot taste like!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
at this point any one of them is better than what you have....I like my small Bostich...Also called a pancake compressor....If you had a compressor handy I bet you would use it more often.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
at this point any one of them is better than what you have....I like my small Bostich...Also called a pancake compressor....If you had a compressor handy I bet you would use it more often.
I think that is more like what I am leaning to. maybe a duel tank if I could find on skinny enough to fit be hind the 700-4 seats.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Am I missing something? A "shop" or pancake or trim compressor is never going to run off of 12v. Sounds to me like you need one of each.

My Pioneer "compressor" is a $9 cheapo from Farm & Fleet. It works. My shop compressor is a 60 gal standup. I would suggest at least a 30 gal for your garage. It will be good for everyday use and some minimal air tool usage.

Not sure what you mean by trailer compressor. Are you running a generator on your trailer also?

Hope this helps!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not sure what you mean by trailer compressor. Are you running a generator on your trailer also?

Hope this helps!
Yep that is the plan gen and compressor!

Reactions: Farmer
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm with the others on this. Pick out something in a 12 volt that doesn't cost to much. (they are all crap so it doesn't matter)
Then get what you want for the shop/trailer. Get as many CFM @ 90 PSI as you can tolerate.

Have you considered an air tank. I keep one. It will air up all 4 tires on an ATV/UTV.

Last edited:
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
C

charles

Dec 11, 2015
farm
just signed up this eve. does anyone know of or seen a video of a oil change on a 700 . I am not afraid to perform a oil change ,but would like to see one on a vid

C

charles

Dec 11, 2015
farm
I'm with the others on this. Pick out something in a 12 volt that doesn't cost to much. (they are all crap so it doesn't matter)
Then get what you want for the shop/trailer. Get as many CFM @ 90 PSI as you can tolerate.

Have you considered an air tank. I keep one. It will air up all 4 tires on an ATV/UTV.

C

charles

Dec 11, 2015
farm
all of the little compressor are for emerg help anyways.. I've found they do ok if you don't set them on the ground.. they have an open piston and the dirt will eat up the comp pdq.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!