P1000 Air Deflector

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I was wondering if anyone had came up with a way to divert the air that travels along the roof down to the passengers?
This is what I came up with, has anyone did anything similar?
Seems to work decent for a first try.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Interesting.
Interested in seeing results with dust.

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have a rear panel yet and I thought the dust was bad. I took it out this afternoon and the dust was considerably worse.
I tried this near the back of the cab and it only pushed the air down to my chin area, moved it close to the windshield and I can feel it on my arms.
I still have about a 2" gap between the top and the top of this deflector. I think that if it is raised it will improve the airflow, but I need to figure out a different bracket, and get some sch40 pipe.

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I found some light bar brackets at tractor supply and used them to raise it next to the roof. Didn't seem to work as well as the original placement. Moved it back to the rear, over the seat and no improvement. Putting it about 2" below the roof and about 6" from the windshield seems to be the best placement. In this location, it will defect the air down to the top of the steering wheel. Dust still comes in the back, but not as bad as it does without this.

Reactions: Eltobgi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!