rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You would think that, but the K&N filter has fins giving it a lot more surface area. I don't know the exact figures but it's probably 4 or 5 times the surface area. I also run a pre-filter over top of the K&N.
I went with K&N..with my Can Am
...didn't quite...fit right..would
get cockeyed...while riding...
can't seem to let that go...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a second foam filter that I swap out after an oil change. Having a snorkel on helps tremendously with it not getting as dirty as where the stock intake is. I throw mine in a bucket of HOT water and one of those cascade platinum dishwasher pods let it sit for a while and it comes out like new! Oil it up and good for the next round. Lots of good ideas on here. Everyone has their preference. Good luck!
Hey...now..
cleaning the baby ducks..
after oil spill...sold me on
...the Dawn...haha
there's a million ways...
everybody got there own deal....

D

Deleted member 3748

I went with K&N..with my Can Am
...didn't quite...fit right..would
get cockeyed...while riding...
can't seem to let that go...
I understand. The Polaris people seem to hate the K&N filters. I'm carefully inspecting it and if I see anything I don't like I'll switch to something else.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I use filter skins best and fastest way to clean air cleaner. You can clean it three times before you need to clean the air cleaner. www.rockymountainatvmc.com/search?term=Filter+skin

I use the medium filter skins from PC racing. Way easier to pull it off and replace than cleaning the filter every time. I have a spare filter also so I can switch it out and clean the other filter. I'm surprised the filter skins aren't more popular, they make filter maintenance a lot easier and less frequent.

We ride Windrock alot, and sometimes the dust can be unbearable. I've thought about adding some kind of fabric/filter material around the intake as a first line of defense before the air makes it to the filter???

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I use the medium filter skins from PC racing. Way easier to pull it off and replace than cleaning the filter every time. I have a spare filter also so I can switch it out and clean the other filter. I'm surprised the filter skins aren't more popular, they make filter maintenance a lot easier and less frequent.

We ride Windrock alot, and sometimes the dust can be unbearable. I've thought about adding some kind of fabric/filter material around the intake as a first line of defense before the air makes it to the filter???
I oil mine...inside & outside...
old skool...but very effective
.....Honda ...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm going to snorkel for dust like @Little_g said. I'm going to put K&N prechargers on the snorkel ends or... I'm going to check out the filter skins and maybe use those.
As long..as it don't strave...to get air
...I'm gonna snorkel. ..mine..just
for maybe...a cleaner gulp of air...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Bahahaha no wife! Single and enjoy the hell outta it can do what I want when I want ;) Not dissing married couples but it's what I prefer. seriously LOLed at this comment :D

Lol, not to dis single people either, it just means you're doing your own dishes! :(

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I bought a second foam filter that I swap out after an oil change. Having a snorkel on helps tremendously with it not getting as dirty as where the stock intake is. I throw mine in a bucket of HOT water and one of those cascade platinum dishwasher pods let it sit for a while and it comes out like new! Oil it up and good for the next round. Lots of good ideas on here. Everyone has their preference. Good luck!
good ideal I use Dawn soap

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I do also, I bought the Honda kit with oil and cleaner. Works great, but with the skins you don't have to do it as often.

I'm on RM's website now with sh** in the cart...No Toil Air Filter, Medium Skins and Fab 1 spray oil. Is this spray good to use on skins and stock filter?

Reactions: rocmar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!