P500 Air filter maintenance

D

Deleted member 3748

I'm on RM's website now with sh** in the cart...No Toil Air Filter, Medium Skins and Fab 1 spray oil. Is this spray good to use on skins and stock filter?
You'll need to buy more stuff to get the free shipping... I went through that this morning. Soon I will have my parts and a bunch of stuff I don't need.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You'll need to buy more stuff to get the free shipping... I went through that this morning. Soon I will have my parts and a bunch of stuff I don't need.
All us Original P5
owners...have a big box
....of s***..

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Some guys....got tooooo
much $
HaHa

I look at it as all necessity stuff. Having two air filters is just smart. These skins sound like they're the sh**, less cleaning. And I don't have any air filter oil on hand. I just don't want to be that guy on the side of the trail with his machine torn apart.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I look at it as all necessity stuff. Having two air filters is just smart. These skins sound like they're the sh**, less cleaning. And I don't have any air filter oil on hand. I just don't want to be that guy on the side of the trail with his machine torn apart.
I hear ya...bro
...I'm pondering. ..some stuff
...it's kool bro...I will vouch for ya
....every time

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm curious to see how the no-toil and the filter skins works with the crankcase breather tube.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Not to jack..this thread..
watch this BBQ show...
tired of burgers & brauts...
pork tenderlion..slice 1/4"
Thick..cook slow. ..
Rocmar's Sliders...
try it...
jacked thread...over

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

The crankcase vent is in the airbox. The stock filter pushes into the end of the tube which is what makes that yellow circle you see when you clean your air filter. The K&N filter runs an extension tube into a 90 degree elbow into the K&N filter. On the right side of this pic, you see where the stock tube is located. Then you see the K&N adapter and the tube that vents inside the filter. I'm sure no-toil has addressed this, I'm just curious to see how. Worst case... pull the chrome crankcase breather out of your Edelbrock valve covers and jam that in there. :)

8 IMAG00793

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
LOL,what the hell just happened here?
We went from
air filter maintenance. .
to a BadAss rocmar sliders dish
...ya gotta try um....

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I oil mine...inside & outside...
old skool...but very effective
.....Honda ...

Too much oil causes restriction. All we use in the shop I work at is K&N filter cleaner and / or Dawn, then after it's dry we spray the outside with PJ aerosol foam filter oil and work it in a little bit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!