rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Too much oil causes restriction. All we use in the shop I work at is K&N filter cleaner and / or Dawn, then after it's dry we spray the outside with PJ aerosol foam filter oil and work it in a little bit.
Not excessive..air restriction..not an issue
...machine not sluggish..or un responsive
But I know....wat your sayin

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Too much oil causes restriction. All we use in the shop I work at is K&N filter cleaner and / or Dawn, then after it's dry we spray the outside with PJ aerosol foam filter oil and work it in a little bit.
Yeah..everybody..likes there certain brand name
...it's a pretty basic maintenance. ..

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm going to snorkel for dust like @Little_g said. I'm going to put K&N prechargers on the snorkel ends or... I'm going to check out the filter skins and maybe use those.

I built my snorkel and found an outerwear that fits the end of a 2" ell. Got directly from outerwears website. I posted the part number before somewhere.
53f37a5ee0d88460bacd1850b1923346

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have probably changed / cleaned my air filter a dozen times. I have 2 spares now. I used to use the UNI brand foam filter cleaner and oil. I decided to try the Maxima brand recently and I feel it's much better. And it's cheaper. They have a kit that includes both cleaner and oil at Rocky Mountain for about $15. Use the cleaner and then rinse it good. Then get a bucket and put dawn dish soap and water in it and clean the filter in that. Then rinse again and let dry. This system gets the filter really clean!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have probably changed / cleaned my air filter a dozen times. I have 2 spares now. I used to use the UNI brand foam filter cleaner and oil. I decided to try the Maxima brand recently and I feel it's much better. And it's cheaper. They have a kit that includes both cleaner and oil at Rocky Mountain for about $15. Use the cleaner and then rinse it good. Then get a bucket and put dawn dish soap and water in it and clean the filter in that. Then rinse again and let dry. This system gets the filter really clean!
I just use Dawn...dish soap...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Doing air filter....today
....actually K&N... on the can directions..
states..to cover all areas...till red in color...
so that's alot of oil.. to turn a yellow
filter.....red.....
Just sayin....

Reactions: Dp5hunter
D

Deleted member 3748

Doing air filter....today
....actually K&N... on the can directions..
states..to cover all areas...till red in color...
so that's alot of oil.. to turn a yellow
filter.....red.....
Just sayin....
It's not that much on a white k&n filter though. I just switched to the spray k&n oil and it's great... For k&n filters. Not sure it would be great on a foam filter.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It's not that much on a white k&n filter though. I just switched to the spray k&n oil and it's great... For k&n filters. Not sure it would be great on a foam filter.
Direction state...spray foam filter..
been using it...for yrs..on all my
stuff....
Spray until you get a uniform red color
...they recommend..a K&N filter...
to me...red spray air filter oil....
can be used..on any wet oil filter

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
All spray oil...is pretty much...the same.. for air filters Goggled it...
so...it's a preferance..got 3 different brands..all
red...all the same consistency. .

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Dude.check out my thread..of capsule
of green wires...share your knowledge / thoughts
...thanks

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!