P1000 Air intake lid gasket

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The first time I removed my air intake lid under the hood, the cheapo gasket was broke and fell out. I didn't even bother trying to put it back in. I'm just wondering if it's needed? If so is it orderable? I couldn't find it but I'm not a master googler either!

Reactions: TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The first time I removed my air intake lid under the hood, the cheapo gasket was broke and fell out. I didn't even bother trying to put it back in. I'm just wondering if it's needed? If so is it orderable? I couldn't find it but I'm not a master googler either!
I dont think it will make a difference. There won't be anymore dust going through that seal than would go through the pre-filter. Mine is in pretty bad shape and I just put it back on the best I could. I'm sure it doesn't stay put when I'm putting cover back on. I didn't have to change my filter until 4000 miles.

Reactions: Napaul
Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Mine was also broken and fell out the first time I removed it. (About 3 months from being brand new). I was able to stuff it back into the lid itself to be able to put it back on the air intake and serve its purpose. I’ve been meaning to order another ever since but always forget. When it comes to air intakes and gaskets, I always deem them necessary but different strokes for different folks, though @TripleB makes a good point about the pre-filter. I’m sure you can order one from somewhere-just have to find a parts fiche and locate the part. If you really want some frustration, install a new Air Filter gasket on these bad boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do have the filter skin over my intake tube. As crummy as the one was that it came with I wonder how long a replacement will last?

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do have the filter skin over my intake tube. As crummy as the one was that it came with I wonder how long a replacement will last?

It’s pretty cheap foam. My guess is not long. Hence why it’s so cheap to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!