highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Unsure of how bad the Honda SxS's eat fuel pumps, but Polaris machines sure do!
All Balls replacement pumps save the cost of a complete new OEM fuel pump assembly.

I've not replaced a fuel pump on a Honda yet but several on Polaris RZR. The Polaris repair is not difficult and the pump is easily changed without requiring any special tools. I've supplied several local RZR's running these pumps over the past 3 years and have not received any failure reports from anyone. So far so good.

In stock as of 7/14/20 at 10-80dirtsports.com.
Available for Pioneer 500, 700, 1000, and Big Red. Verifying Talon fitment with vendor.

Screenshot 2020 07 14 47 2017 All Balls Racing

IMG 2140

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
H

HondaTech

I've only replaced pumps that have failed on older sport bikes or machines that have sat for many years and seized.

I've also replace a few on atvs back before the filter was available separately or if they've been under water and I didn't feel confident in reinstalling it due to being unable to clean parts of it out.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've read threads here about changing fuel pumps so I just thought I'd offer an alternative to the OEM assembly and letting others know that it's not a terrible repair to do yourself.

In my experiences the symptoms are always the same, weak performance, more than normal throttle input required, progressing to no power at all, popping on throttle but idling, then rough or barely idling. The best $20 I ever spent was on a Harbor Freight fuel pressure gauge kit that can quickly identify the fuel pump as the problem.
62623 zzz 500
Link

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've read threads here about changing fuel pumps so I just thought I'd offer an alternative to the OEM assembly and letting others know that it's not a terrible repair to do yourself.

In my experiences the symptoms are always the same, weak performance, more than normal throttle input required, progressing to no power at all, popping on throttle but idling, then rough or barely idling. The best $20 I ever spent was on a Harbor Freight fuel pressure gauge kit that can quickly identify the fuel pump as the problem.
View attachment 212784
Link
Thanks, good information you’ve provided...👍