P1000m5 All Weather Package Fitment Issues

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda recently installed the hard rear panel on my 1000-5 with All Weather Package. (apparently the mid panel wasn't part of the All Weather Packer, I missed that during the original purchase) Those big holes in the panel are designed to allow the soft rear panels (wing style) to operate/mount properly. For now I taped them up, as a bunch of dust was coming in through them.

They had the rear soft panels in the bed, so I asked why they weren't put back on the machine. They wouldn't fit. Honda is working on a new bracket system that will attach to the ROPS and run through those holes in the hard mid panel. Makes me wonder if they ever had a chance to field test all these accessories before they started selling them.

Long story short, with the hard mid panel on, the rear door brackets had to be redesigned, to clear the hard mid panel. Also, the soft rear panels can't be installed until Honda re-designs the wing style door mounts.

Not sure if many other people went with a fully enclosed unit, but if you do in the future, they should have these mounts figured out by then.

AKTMW

EzeDoesIt

EzeDoesIt

Oct 23, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picked up my 1000-3 today after the install of the All-Weather Package. Hate to say it, but I'm disappointed. The rear hard panel did not fit, so they had to re-drill holes for the top corners. The dump bed rubs on the rear panel so they had to cut away the plastic lip on the dump bed so I could use the dump bed. It still rubs but not as bad. Also, the passenger side hard door window crank does not work very well. You can roll down the window, but when you try and roll up the window, it is so hard that you pull the rubber knob off the window crank. They tried to spray some lubricant on the inside of the crank assembly, but that didn't do much. Went for a ride this evening and had to open all the windows to make it bearable. The heat build up inside is unbearable. Need to see if putting a foam rubber seal around where to seat meets the frame will block most of the heat from coming into the cab. Also, the door tether, on the drivers side, pulled away (Broke) when I opened the door. Is anyone else having these problems with the All Weather Package? If so, I would like to know what you did to correct them. Thanks EzeDoesIt

SteveSWMI

SteveSWMI

Jul 31, 2016
Decatur, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My mid panel fitment was very disapointing as well. The rear doors rub when used.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I don't have all weather package but my hard mid panel did not fit correctly at first. The bed would rub while dumping. I missed a step during the install but I cant recall which one. At the time the dealer had a 1000-3 with all weather package and it rubbed too - I noticed they missed the same step - so I told them.

Go thru the install instructions and make sure you noticed every detail - thats how i solved my problem. Wish I could remember what it was...

As for the rear doors rubbing - if there is anything pushing the mid panel out - even slightly the rear door will rub. I had my vent line tucked between the roll bar and mid panel and it caused rubbing.

Mine fits now without rubbing.

EzeDoesIt

EzeDoesIt

Oct 23, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have all weather package but my hard mid panel did not fit correctly at first. The bed would rub while dumping. I missed a step during the install but I cant recall which one. At the time the dealer had a 1000-3 with all weather package and it rubbed too - I noticed they missed the same step - so I told them.

Go thru the install instructions and make sure you noticed every detail - thats how i solved my problem. Wish I could remember what it was...

As for the rear doors rubbing - if there is anything pushing the mid panel out - even slightly the rear door will rub. I had my vent line tucked between the roll bar and mid panel and it caused rubbing.

Mine fits now without rubbing.
Mine was installed by the Honda Dealer. I read thru the instructions and do not know what step they missed. If you could remember, I would appreciate it. Thanks EzeDoesIt

G

Grandlakegod

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up my 1000-3 today after the install of the All-Weather Package. Hate to say it, but I'm disappointed. The rear hard panel did not fit, so they had to re-drill holes for the top corners. The dump bed rubs on the rear panel so they had to cut away the plastic lip on the dump bed so I could use the dump bed. It still rubs but not as bad. Also, the passenger side hard door window crank does not work very well. You can roll down the window, but when you try and roll up the window, it is so hard that you pull the rubber knob off the window crank. They tried to spray some lubricant on the inside of the crank assembly, but that didn't do much. Went for a ride this evening and had to open all the windows to make it bearable. The heat build up inside is unbearable. Need to see if putting a foam rubber seal around where to seat meets the frame will block most of the heat from coming into the cab. Also, the door tether, on the drivers side, pulled away (Broke) when I opened the door. Is anyone else having these problems with the All Weather Package? If so, I would like to know what you did to correct them. Thanks EzeDoesIt
New Member: I just bought a used 2016 P1000-5 with hard doors and full fabic enclosure. I replaced both door tethers with small chain. And I'm currently working a cable setup. The chain works well. I have only had the machine for a couple of weeks, so this forum has been very helpful. Thanks everyone
GLG

Reactions: Montecresto
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I installed the rear hard panel on my 16 1000-3 and had no issues, the bed dumps fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!