P1000 AMC's Camo 1000-5

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally picked up the new rig on Friday after selling my Polaris RZR 1000 XP High Lifter Edition the weekend before. The RZR was a great rig, didn't have any issues with it over the 10 months I had it, but I used it much more for hunting than trail riding, so just couldn't justify owning a 2 seater with not enough bed space for more than a dozen duck decoys.

So I was considering the General from Polaris, but still only a 2 seater. Not what I needed when I tend to hunt with 3-4 people at a time, so the Honda was the next best thing. Basically a 5 seater with every benefit of a 2 seater, or vice versa. The Honda reliability also made me much more comfortable with my purchase versus Can Am or Polaris. I have owned and loved Yamaha's in the past as well, but the Viking nor the R-Spec were what I wanted in a rig. So this is my first Honda, and dont expect to be disappointed.

After calling every dealer in the state, and a few over in Tennessee, (Like Abernathy's in Union City - which is where I bought my RZR) Honda of Russellville here in Arkansas made me a deal I couldn't refuse on the unit as well as accessories. I got the 3 seater roof, big brush guard, and some STI 30" Outback Max tires at the time of sale. Had the dealer mount the tires, and I brought the rest home with me.

That night, I added a 2" Strongmade Lift, the front brush guard, removed the rear cage and safety nets, and threw on the 3 seater roof. Everything went nicely, except the rear lift was quite cumbersome as the instructions provided were piss poor, and I usually don't even need instructions! Either way, I loaded it back on the trailer and used it Saturday and Sunday for Arkansas' last weekend of duck season.

I am thrilled with the machine, it turned through all the slop within our flooded rice and bean fields without so much as a hiccup. I had 32" Super ATV Intimidators on my RZR, and this vehicle managed to keep traction in 4x4 Lock much better than the RZR did in AWD while keeping me and my hunting buddies clean where the RZR would have us covered from head to toe.

Anyway, here are some pictures of how it sits now. Unfortunately, the roof barely hits the 80.5" garage door, so it has to be removed before being parked inside, but the fast-clamps make that a relatively simple task.

IMG 4524 zpswdv1ow0l
IMG 4525 zps7u7tjfqs
IMG 4526 zpsq69pvlex

Next on my list will be a set of forward a-arms for the front. I plan to call around to High Lifter as well as CATVOS to see what they can get me a set of front arms for. I cant afford to do the whole set up for the front and rear quite yet. I had rather spend that money on the Warn ProVantage 4500-S I have picked out. I know there are cheaper winches out there, such as Superwinch, KFI and Viper, but I have always used Warn products and they've never left me out in the woods. After A-arms and winch, I plan to add a windshield of some sort. Had a EMP half windshield on my RZR, but I don't know how a short windshield will work on this rig as you sit up so high in the machine.

Finally, thanks for reading, and I look forward to keeping all of you updated on the progress of the rig.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very nice ride! Maybe one day you can get us some action pics of those muddy fields? I bet that would be cool.

GO HOGS!!

Last edited:
PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
AMC that looks like the perfect rig for your needs.....congratulations and welcome to the club.

Reactions: pct
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally picked up the new rig on Friday after selling my Polaris RZR 1000 XP High Lifter Edition the weekend before. The RZR was a great rig, didn't have any issues with it over the 10 months I had it, but I used it much more for hunting than trail riding, so just couldn't justify owning a 2 seater with not enough bed space for more than a dozen duck decoys.

So I was considering the General from Polaris, but still only a 2 seater. Not what I needed when I tend to hunt with 3-4 people at a time, so the Honda was the next best thing. Basically a 5 seater with every benefit of a 2 seater, or vice versa. The Honda reliability also made me much more comfortable with my purchase versus Can Am or Polaris. I have owned and loved Yamaha's in the past as well, but the Viking nor the R-Spec were what I wanted in a rig. So this is my first Honda, and dont expect to be disappointed.

After calling every dealer in the state, and a few over in Tennessee, (Like Abernathy's in Union City - which is where I bought my RZR) Honda of Russellville here in Arkansas made me a deal I couldn't refuse on the unit as well as accessories. I got the 3 seater roof, big brush guard, and some STI 30" Outback Max tires at the time of sale. Had the dealer mount the tires, and I brought the rest home with me.

That night, I added a 2" Strongmade Lift, the front brush guard, removed the rear cage and safety nets, and threw on the 3 seater roof. Everything went nicely, except the rear lift was quite cumbersome as the instructions provided were piss poor, and I usually don't even need instructions! Either way, I loaded it back on the trailer and used it Saturday and Sunday for Arkansas' last weekend of duck season.

I am thrilled with the machine, it turned through all the slop within our flooded rice and bean fields without so much as a hiccup. I had 32" Super ATV Intimidators on my RZR, and this vehicle managed to keep traction in 4x4 Lock much better than the RZR did in AWD while keeping me and my hunting buddies clean where the RZR would have us covered from head to toe.

Anyway, here are some pictures of how it sits now. Unfortunately, the roof barely hits the 80.5" garage door, so it has to be removed before being parked inside, but the fast-clamps make that a relatively simple task.

IMG 4524 zpswdv1ow0l
IMG 4525 zps7u7tjfqs
IMG 4526 zpsq69pvlex

Next on my list will be a set of forward a-arms for the front. I plan to call around to High Lifter as well as CATVOS to see what they can get me a set of front arms for. I cant afford to do the whole set up for the front and rear quite yet. I had rather spend that money on the Warn ProVantage 4500-S I have picked out. I know there are cheaper winches out there, such as Superwinch, KFI and Viper, but I have always used Warn products and they've never left me out in the woods. After A-arms and winch, I plan to add a windshield of some sort. Had a EMP half windshield on my RZR, but I don't know how a short windshield will work on this rig as you sit up so high in the machine.

Finally, thanks for reading, and I look forward to keeping all of you updated on the progress of the rig.
That's a nice looking setup and welcome to the club... Are the outbacks more or less smooth than the intimidators?

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Looks awesome!!! How did the hunt go and what part of Arkansas are you from?

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice ride! Maybe one day you can get us some action pics of those muddy fields? I bed that would be cool.

GO HOGS!!

The pics may not be in fields, but I brought her back to Fayetteville with me, and there are several great riding areas around town that I have been on many times. I am excited to see how it does in the more technical areas up here in the Ozark's, but I will definitely need forward a-arms before I can get too crazy.

And yes, Woo Pig absolutely. I graduated from the U of A last year with a degree in Ag Business & Management, and am currently working towards my Master's Degree in Agri Economics at the University as well. Taking the LSAT this Saturday to determine if Law School is in the cards for me next fall. Die-hard Razorback here.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a nice looking setup and welcome to the club... Are the outbacks more or less smooth than the intimidators?

I have to admit that the outbacks feel a tad bit more stiff than the intimidators, but that is to be expected with an 8 ply tire vs. the 6 ply. I only have 10psi in them and they don't budge. I might bump it down to 8, not sure yet. Will have to see how they perform and the rocks and hardpack trails.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks awesome!!! How did the hunt go and what part of Arkansas are you from?
Hunt went as well as it could for the final weekend of the season, although it was way too hot to be duck hunting. 70 degrees in January, actually had a copperhead in the pit with us that we hunted in Saturday morning and didn't see him till the sun came up. Luckily it was just cold enough that he wasn't active, and sat in the corner the whole time. I am originally from Little Rock, but we have a cattle farm in Yell County where I deer and Turkey hunt. Then we lease fields around Humphrey, Arkansas for waterfowl seasons.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Hunt went as well as it could for the final weekend of the season, although it was way too hot to be duck hunting. 70 degrees in January, actually had a copperhead in the pit with us that we hunted in Saturday morning and didn't see him till the sun came up. Luckily it was just cold enough that he wasn't active, and sat in the corner the whole time. I am originally from Little Rock, but we have a cattle farm in Yell County where I deer and Turkey hunt. Then we lease fields around Humphrey, Arkansas for waterfowl seasons.
Oh dang! I would have been out of that pit with a snake in there!

I gotcha, I was in North Little Rock for a long time, but our family has a crop farm in Des Arc so I moved out here and started working.

advertisement
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh dang! I would have been out of that pit with a snake in there!

I gotcha, I was in North Little Rock for a long time, but our family has a crop farm in Des Arc so I moved out here and started working.

I know that area well, I worked on a farm in Augusta for a few summers and hunt on the Cache River quite a bit up around Cotton Plant. Always take the Des Arc exit off 40 when I head that way from LR.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me know when you want to go riding amc. I live in Springdale and have a 1000-5 on 28" intimidators. Already hit up mulberry mountain a couple times and ride my cattle farm in Missouri quite a bit.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me know when you want to go riding amc. I live in Springdale and have a 1000-5 on 28" intimidators. Already hit up mulberry mountain a couple times and ride my cattle farm in Missouri quite a bit.

Will do, drop me a PM and we can exchange info. I have a few other buddies that I usually ride with in NWA, one with a Maverick and the other with a RZR 1000 Turbo 4 seater. Now that I have sold my old RZR, I am sure that they will want to go much faster than I have every really enjoyed doing, so I am always looking for new riding buddies. When you say Mulberry, do you just mean the entire White Rock/Mill Creek area? I usually park at Fly Gap Road off HWY 23, a few miles North of Mulberry Lodge

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a 20 dollar rubber stall mat from tractor supply as a bed liner today, couldn't justify buying the Honda product when they're so damn expensive. Also bought everything I needed to extend the Rear Diff, brake cable adjustment box, gas tank, and sub trans vent lines up behind my seat. I don't plan on extending the front diff unless I ever snorkel the air intake, I figure if I get that deep in the front, the diff will be the least of my worries. Might re-route the fan motor vent though.

IMG 4576 zpssuwtqlqp
IMG 4577 zpsrx307omc

I plan on ordering the CATVOS A-arms next week, as well as the warn ProVantage 4500-S, and my half windshield/wind deflector from Honda should come in Friday.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good amc, glad to hear you are enjoying it. I know I've been enjoying mine! Have you taken a true measurement on your tire height? is it right at 30" or does it vary some from the nominal height?

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Looks good amc, glad to hear you are enjoying it. I know I've been enjoying mine! Have you taken a true measurement on your tire height? is it right at 30" or does it vary some from the nominal height?
I think the outbacks are pretty close to actual height but yah air them down to 8 and measure them for us please.I wonder if the extra half in of lift with hilifter kit would have been enough for no rub?I sure like those tires though.

Reactions: PioneerPete
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!