The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Take a look at the Boykin Spaniel.
I have two and they are incredible.

Unless you need them busting ice. They don't handle the cold as well as a lab.

Sorry, I don't know any breeders for the AWS

Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a German shorthair pointer he weighs bout 82 pounds and his name is Buster his head is solid brown and his body it white with brown spots he looks like his head has been dipped in chocolate and man does he have a nose anything different in the house our outside he picks it up right away really smart dog full of life

This is our pointer and our Doberman. Our Doberman is about 80lbs if that. He was stuck at 70 lbs until we got him neutered last year and then he gained weight. Our GSP is on the smaller side, her dad was 65 and mom was 50. She goes to work with my husband who is a pipeliner and she hunts all day long.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We have a bird house on one of the post on the side of our carport and our GPS will sneak up and point the bird house when the birds fly in it and when they fly out he will take off after them I guess he thinks he can catch them but it’s funny to watch him sneak over there barely moving

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is our pointer and our Doberman. Our Doberman is about 80lbs if that. He was stuck at 70 lbs until we got him neutered last year and then he gained weight. Our GSP is on the smaller side, her dad was 65 and mom was 50. She goes to work with my husband who is a pipeliner and she hunts all day long.

View attachment 129016
We are puppy sitting for the next 10 days while our son and daughter are on there honey moon. This is Finn a high bread duck dog, worth $ 2,000.00, covers 100 yards in like 4 seconds not running, swims almost as fast! He was born and raised in a kennel with his mother. Kennel pups are hard to get the kennel out of, but he's starting to settle down in the house and loves attention. The 4th of July is still an issue with the fire works, he would run for miles, thinking a gun went off and there's a duck somewhere! HA!
IMG 2971

Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a bird house on one of the post on the side of our carport and our GPS will sneak up and point the bird house when the birds fly in it and when they fly out he will take off after them I guess he thinks he can catch them but it’s funny to watch him sneak over there barely moving

Yes it is hilarious to watch them sneak haha!!

@Smitty335 we never had our GSP trained she is just a pet that loves to kill rabbits, frogs, and bring us quail or pheasants she catches, she will bring birds back alive but kills everything else. She killed a 30lb ground hog and brought it up to the house.

J

JTW

We are puppy sitting for the next 10 days while our son and daughter are on there honey moon. This is Finn a high bread duck dog, worth $ 2,000.00, covers 100 yards in like 4 seconds not running, swims almost as fast! He was born and raised in a kennel with his mother. Kennel pups are hard to get the kennel out of, but he's starting to settle down in the house and loves attention. The 4th of July is still an issue with the fire works, he would run for miles, thinking a gun went off and there's a duck somewhere! HA!View attachment 129021
Your son married your daughter??

advertisement
B

bucktaker

Aug 3, 2017
sw ohio/ETN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I suggest a field Bred English Springer Spaniel for what you describe. I have one She hunts, Fishes, Rides in truck and Pioneer. Search for the ESSFTA which is the field trail association for the breed. My last 2 have been direct English Imported pups/litters

Reactions: Plumber32
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Growing up our neighbor had an AWS, cool dog, used to lay at the waters edge and the waves would break over his back.
After our 6 month old Lab was stolen 3 days before Christmas about 29 years ago, we purchased an AWS from a breeder in Wisconsin. Had him air shipped to DTW. Great little dog, full of energy, only one problem with him - He wouldn't go near the water, so much for a new hunting partner.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey she has all her teeth to be so pretty
Yea! I think the world of her, felt that way for years, now she's my daughter, now she on my fighting side, but my son will beat me to it! I taught him how to fight, he has a deadly sucker punch! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!