P500 And now...DOORS!!!!

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I'd like doors but I just don't want to make a set and was really hoping someone (CHOOGLIN;)) would make a decent set for a reasonable price.
I have other P5 projects planned but if my wife wants doors bad enough I'll have to get or make her some doors or the ground will shake.:eek:LOL

With our P5 150 miles away I have limited time to work on it but will be bringing it downstate for the winter to store it in the heated garage so I can do a few things to it.
I already have a few minor projects planned for it and one major project but if I were to do a set of doors I'm thinking I'd want a metal frame (steel or aluminum?) hinged at the rear roll bar with a magnetic seal to the roll bar pretty much all the way around with an elastic band that attaches to the original door thru the opening under the latch with access pockets/doors to the original latch and for gas tank filler, not sure if it would all work but that's where I'd start.

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

As far as what I want , I don't need or want a full door , (half door for me). I just need them for protection and to help keep some of the mudd and crap off of me.

If someone can come up with a nice tube frame , I can finish up the rest myself. In order for me to mass produce them , I would definitely need a much better tube bender. I am using a homemade bender that works great (nice mandrel bends) but is EXTREMELY time consuming !

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have an update as well.

In a couple weeks, I'm meeting with a local Pa resident who has a machine shop and contacted me about helping him develop some goodies for the P5. A couple of ideas we've been throwing around is a radiator relocation kit for the mud guys, a dumping cargo bed for the utility guys, and doors for everyone!

Keep in mind it will probably be late winter/early spring before we get to testing anything but once prototypes are made and installed I will be looking to you guys for feed back.

Once we meet in person and go over some stuff I'll start a new thread in the AMR section where you guys can give suggestions on other things you would like to see.
That’s awesome, looking forward to what you come up with. :)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to bring this thread up again. I am still planning on making a set of doors for mine unless someone else @knuckledeep @Delton would like to step up and do this for the 500 community! :)

I am going through some growing pains with my glove boxes and really won't have the time until next spring. I would really like to see someone come up with some doors for these 500's
I dont have a 500 to use as guinea pig. Dont really have time now anyways. Somebody with a 500 needs to live near me. Cause Im dying to make a cage for one of them

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!