P500 And now...DOORS!!!!

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
I need some help from someone that has a p500 with the new style restraint bar. Could you get a dimension for me?

I need you to use a level and set it on top of the Rops bracket with the two bolts (just like the pic). I need the distance from the center of the top bolt , to the intersection of the level and the outside of the restraint bar............thanks in advance.

NOTE : have your p500 on level ground when doing this !!!!

View attachment 84214
When I get by my buggy this evening I'll get it for you. Unless somebody beats me to it :)

Reactions: trigger
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
I need some help from someone that has a p500 with the new style restraint bar. Could you get a dimension for me?

I need you to use a level and set it on top of the Rops bracket with the two bolts (just like the pic). I need the distance from the center of the top bolt , to the intersection of the level and the outside of the restraint bar............thanks in advance.

NOTE : have your p500 on level ground when doing this !!!!

View attachment 84214
I'm going to call it 12 3/8 "
Hope this is what your after

20180819 191551

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well guys, looks like it will be up to the members on this forum to make doors. I have been in contact with a few companies asking about doors and the ones that DID get back to me pretty much said there is no market for P5 accessories...lol. I told them to head over to the forum but I doubt they will.

Anyway, looks like Chooglin is off to a great start and the more I think about it the more I would rather have guys on here making them and getting our support than big companies anyway!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well guys, looks like it will be up to the members on this forum to make doors. I have been in contact with a few companies asking about doors and the ones that DID get back to me pretty much said there is no market for P5 accessories...lol. I told them to head over to the forum but I doubt they will.

Anyway, looks like Chooglin is off to a great start and the more I think about it the more I would rather have guys on here making them and getting our support than big companies anyway!
Yes if there is one thing this forum has taught me, it's that 500 owners don't spend ANY money on accessories!

But seriously who would make a better door than someone that actually owns a p5? I'm with you Jay_man I'd rather see these happen in house as well. The biggest problem as JAK already mentioned will be shipping cost.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Make a PDF file that can be Emailed to anyone interested. Then take to a local welding shop or design an easy to build jig to make your own door frames. The skins should be easily done by most here on the forum.
If the frame is made out of light square tubing ,it shouldn't be hard to find someone local to bend.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Find an time efficient way of doing it or you will be making very little vs the time you’ve got invested.

Shipping will kill you as well. Going to be bulky and the larger dimensions the more it costs.

If you can get material in bulk you usually save a good percentage vs small orders.

UHMW is hard to heat(has to stay under @230-240F) and bend more than about 20degrees without it disintegrating. HDPE will be much easier to bend.

If Aluminum buy a metal brake, long term it’ll be far cheaper than having a shop bend it for you.

Making and selling parts at a profit and getting into the black takes a WHILE. Trust me.

Not trying to discourage you, just help you realize what you’re getting into from someone who did it from scratch.

C

Chooglin

Wow, greasable too, that’s really sweet. Will the doors have two hinges?
It all depends on how much door sag we have. We will put some nylon bushings in the hinge first ,to remove any sag. If that doesn't work , (wich it should) then a second hinge could be necessary.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It all depends on how much door sag we have. We will put some nylon bushings in the hinge first ,to remove any sag. If that doesn't work , (wich it should) then a second hinge could be necessary.
I would hope you end up with two regardless, the leverage against one is incredible, and one slip with the door in the open position where someone’s weight falls on it and somethings going to tweak.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!