Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody in middle tn with a 500? Would love to do a custom cage for one of them. Maybe some tube doors?

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
yes that is @Dribbles bike and I'll make anything or try to at least I haven't done doors for a 500 because @jak9922 makes some and I dont want to step on others toes just like @Delton makes the tube doors I stay away from something like that because it's his specialty. but I do have some things in the works that none else has like my flatbed for example

Reactions: mrjeff42 and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes that is @Dribbles bike and I'll make anything or try to at least I haven't done doors for a 500 because @jak9922 makes some and I dont want to step on others toes just like @Delton makes the tube doors I stay away from something like that because it's his specialty. but I do have some things in the works that none else has like my flatbed for example
Man we always good. I'll never have a problem with anything you come up with. Tube doors included. Still waiting for somebody to bring a wild idea to the table whether it's a door or a cage.

Reactions: mrjeff42
C

Chooglin

He is not offering them for shipment anymore. I don't want to step on anyone's toes either but if someone wants doors , I would like to be able to offer them or purchase them from somebody who does make them.

Screenshot 2018 08 16 09 06 10

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He is not offering them for shipment anymore. I don't want to step on anyone's toes either but if someone wants doors , I would like to be able to offer them or purchase them from somebody who does make them.

View attachment 84016
No toes here to be stepped on dude. Have at it.

Reactions: Chooglin
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Lol , we will see what happens. As @jak9922 said , it may not be worth the time or effort. I do want to at least make a set for mine and I will see where it goes from there.
Chooglin, did you say something about vacuum forming some pieces for door panels, I want to try to form some ABS parts for my P500.

C

Chooglin

Chooglin, did you say something about vacuum forming some pieces for door panels, I want to try to form some ABS parts for my P500.
Yes , the most time consuming part (as far as door skins go) would be making the molds for them. You would also need to have a way of heating up the plastic , prior to forming them. You would get your vacuum from a ordinary shop vac.

Reactions: mrjeff42
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
have at it buddy I know doors takes time to make and shipping is pricey but I think they look good

Reactions: Chooglin
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Yes , the most time consuming part (as far as door skins go) would be making the molds for them. You would also need to have a way of heating up the plastic , prior to forming them. You would get your vacuum from a ordinary shop vac.
I agree the mold/form is time consuming but I'm looking into converting my plasma table into a wood router and having it shape some 3/4 sheet panels and stacking them into the form I want (cut/shape-stack-sand-seal) and making a heated vacuum-form table.

All I want is.....LOL a custom red ABS dash with the meter-gauge moved to the top of the steering column, relocate drink holders, change headlight switch to custom button, change MT/AT switch to custom button, and have a grid of accessory button locations and then have a huge glove box area.It would be nicer if the grid of buttons panel was removable to gain access to the fuses and relays, not sure if it could be done or should be done that way.

I doubt I could ever get the detail of the injection molded stock dash.

C

Chooglin

I agree the mold/form is time consuming but I'm looking into converting my plasma table into a wood router and having it shape some 3/4 sheet panels and stacking them into the form I want (cut/shape-stack-sand-seal) and making a heated vacuum-form table.

All I want is.....LOL a custom red ABS dash with the meter-gauge moved to the top of the steering column, relocate drink holders, change headlight switch to custom button, change MT/AT switch to custom button, and have a grid of accessory button locations and then have a huge glove box area.It would be nicer if the grid of buttons panel was removable to gain access to the fuses and relays, not sure if it could be done or should be done that way.

I doubt I could ever get the detail of the injection molded stock dash.
This sounds like a great project. We will also be adding a router to the plasma cutter , this will help out a bunch. Keep us posted on your progress.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!