Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
if needed are you able to add the second hinge on the exact center line of the first ?

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

I would hope you end up with two regardless, the leverage against one is incredible, and one slip with the door in the open position where someone’s weight falls on it and somethings going to tweak.
It's not that simple, you can't just stick another hinge on there , they must be on the same centerline as @Choogsbro has mentioned. The two hinges will bind up !

Reactions: jak9922
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
It's not that simple, you can't just stick another hinge on there , they must be on the same centerline as @Choogsbro has mentioned. The two hinges will bind up !
Yes, that’s a given.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I saw this on Ebay.
6EFA0052 A52A 437C 807C 44299C04E22A

C

Chooglin

I am going to bring this thread up again. I am still planning on making a set of doors for mine unless someone else @knuckledeep @Delton would like to step up and do this for the 500 community! :)

I am going through some growing pains with my glove boxes and really won't have the time until next spring. I would really like to see someone come up with some doors for these 500's

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I am going to bring this thread up again. I am still planning on making a set of doors for mine unless someone else @knuckledeep @Delton would like to step up and do this for the 500 community! :)

I am going through some growing pains with my glove boxes and really won't have the time until next spring. I would really like to see someone come up with some doors for these 500's
That’s too bad Chooglin....I hope you get the wrinkles ironed out on your priority project, and I guess the community will suffer another cold riding winter without doors on our P5’s. :(

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have an update as well.

In a couple weeks, I'm meeting with a local Pa resident who has a machine shop and contacted me about helping him develop some goodies for the P5. A couple of ideas we've been throwing around is a radiator relocation kit for the mud guys, a dumping cargo bed for the utility guys, and doors for everyone!

Keep in mind it will probably be late winter/early spring before we get to testing anything but once prototypes are made and installed I will be looking to you guys for feed back.

Once we meet in person and go over some stuff I'll start a new thread in the AMR section where you guys can give suggestions on other things you would like to see.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I would love to help just have to get a hold of a p5 to design and mock up

C

Chooglin

If any p500 owners would like to contact @knuckledeep to get this going , please do.

@jay_man81 this is good to hear and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

If we can get a few fabricator's going on this , we will have more options as a buyer , to get a set of doors on our 500's

Last edited by a moderator:
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I had a full metal cab on a Polaris Ranger once. Initially I thought it looked cool and was going to be a great idea until I had it installed. I think this is why Polaris stopped doing there metal cabs because of the same reason I sold mine! NOISE and RATTLES! On trails, it was so bad I had to turn back towards the truck. Even with a amp'd Alpine sound sytem it did nothing but capture the noise, rattles and held the heat as well.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!