P500 And now...DOORS!!!!

C

Chooglin

Cut a template for the skins tonight.

I am thinking way ahead hear but we should be able to offer custom door skins (your own design on the skins) that is one advantage to using vacuum forming. We can also use many different Color skins.

We will be ordering some tubing so we can start bending up a door frame.

20180816 192206

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Cut a template for the skins tonight.

I am thinking way ahead hear but we should be able to offer custom door skins (your own design on the skins) that is one advantage to using vacuum forming. We can also use many different Color skins.

We will be ordering some tubing so we can start bending up a door frame.

View attachment 84102
hmmmm shape looks oddly familiar lol

Reactions: Eltobgi
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
cant wait to see how it comes together Chooglin.

After this fall I'm sure doors will be mandatory since we love those michigan fall rides but it can be cold and wet at times.

I've thought about making doors on and off but I'd have to start by making a whole door jam/filler attached to the rops then make a door that fit it and lose the suicide door hinges.I'll most likely end up with the fabric door kit just because that would be fast and easy and leave me more time for other wild unmade things for the P5.

Our P5 is up north until late october-early november then it will be down state here where I can work on it much more.

Reactions: Chooglin
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is cool guys. I'm just going to say the p5 forum members have the coolest most custom builds. I don't even own a p5 and I spend more time reading these threads than any of the others because of what you all come up with.

C

Chooglin

I need some help from someone that has a p500 with the new style restraint bar. Could you get a dimension for me?

I need you to use a level and set it on top of the Rops bracket with the two bolts (just like the pic). I need the distance from the center of the top bolt , to the intersection of the level and the outside of the restraint bar............thanks in advance.

NOTE : have your p500 on level ground when doing this !!!!

20180818 122854

Last edited by a moderator:
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I have the new style restraint bar but I'm 156 miles away from it right now and wont be able to get to it until 8/25 when I go up to the shack.

C

Chooglin

I have the new style restraint bar but I'm 156 miles away from it right now and wont be able to get to it until 8/25 when I go up to the shack.
If somebody doesn't post before then , would you please get that dimensions for me ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I need some help from someone that has a p500 with the new style restraint bar. Could you get a dimension for me?

I need you to use a level and set it on top of the Rops bracket with the two bolts (just like the pic). I need the distance from the center of the top bolt , to the intersection of the level and the outside of the restraint bar............thanks in advance.

View attachment 84214

Can't believe someone hasn't responded to this request yet? I'd do it if I had the newer machine. Who has one of the new ones, @100Acre , @Mudder ?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't believe someone hasn't responded to this request yet? I'd do it if I had the newer machine. Who has one of the new ones, @100Acre , @Mudder ?
Sounds kinda technical...

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 84214
I'm still sitting on me arse in bed. I'll go out in a little to look

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol! I thought that when I tagged you, he'll need to trust that measurement you know? :D
I do use a fractional read tape measure.....anything else is just lines. Why did you tag me when you know that side of my Brian died a long time ago..:D

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went out and looked and because the bar is rounded at the angle, it's difficult to figure out exactly what point your looking for. Especially since I'm not currently designing a door and if I were to design a door, mine would have wings with floatation devices like a Kingfisher seaplane from WW2.
300px OS2U 2 Kingfisher in flight 1942

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Inside tube door frame and black 3mm thick UHMW pop riveted to the outside with big head rivets. Thinking to have the doors bowed out a little to provide more knee, leg room. Then a slip on upper door frame (tube) and covered in synthetic trucker tarp for winter applications with clear vinyl window velcrowed in. To go with the stand alone Diesel heater in a suitcase, vented into back of cab.

The every ready project that just keeps on going and giving..... hahaaa

C

Chooglin

Yes no problem, but you know if you ask three people you will most likely get three different dimensions.
I will use the average of the three.......lol.

The reason I am asking , I would like the doors to cover that ugly ass bar but it could be a problem for small children , they wouldn't be able to see over top of the door.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!