rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
T

One of the reasons that I bought the Ripsaws was the supposedly better wear on pavement. Sedona advertises that they use the same rubber compound as automotive tires in the Ripsaws. They initially concerned me with an alarming bit of wear on the front tires, but after 3-4 weeks, they quit wearing. (slowed substantially)The rear tires still looked brand new. I rotated them, and the same thing happened. I was really worried that I had made a bad call, but the wear found it's "happy point" and stopped. Have since put over 1,000 miles on them, and cannot tell much difference from wear point @ 150 miles. You will lose around 10-15% of tread quickly, but then it evens out. I am still happy with the traction, stability, and "toughness" of the Ripsaws. They have served me well on every terrain encountered so far.
.......the terrain you ride....with your style of riding,, & the quality of your tire... , determines the wear of your tires.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Well... after all my own drama and countless hours looking at tires I just got tired (no pun intended) and pulled the trigger on the 27" big horns. Maxis just updated their tire's website or so I was told by my dealer and added 29" x 14"s but I figured that would be way overkill for what I want to achieve. So in short I thank those that threw in their input and I look forward to what I do best FABRICATION IN THE SHOP! So I hope my next contribution to this group will begin with a sweet build story :) . Ups and Fedex will be my greatest friends the next few weeks....

oly1981

oly1981

Feb 18, 2016
Lewiston Idaho
Stacy,
I just got a 2016 P500, I'm torn on what size big horn to get as well. I wanted to ask you how you are liking your 27's, did you get the 9" for the front and the 12" for the rear? I was thinking about getting the 28x10-14 in the big horn, not sure if it would be to big? I will mostly be doing trail riding here in Idaho. If I get the 27's i would have to get a 12" wheel and then if i ever wanted to go up to a 28" i would have to change to 14" wheels. Any input would be help full, thanks.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Go with 27" 12 rims the extra sidewalls help cushion the ride
Done!!!! The dealer sent a picture of her about an hour ago... I'm about excited as the night before hunting season

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Stacy,
I just got a 2016 P500, I'm torn on what size big horn to get as well. I wanted to ask you how you are liking your 27's, did you get the 9" for the front and the 12" for the rear? I was thinking about getting the 28x10-14 in the big horn, not sure if it would be to big? I will mostly be doing trail riding here in Idaho. If I get the 27's i would have to get a 12" wheel and then if i ever wanted to go up to a 28" i would have to change to 14" wheels. Any input would be help full, thanks.
I know where you are coming from this desision tore me up. But I don't regret it for a second. I went with the 27x12 all the way around and on the bighorns it measures almost a full 28 in height. I want the extra sidewall flex to help with the ride, I posted a picture and hope this helps you. Kind of nice as well if you get a spare mounted as I plan to do that is universal. I love the look as well trying to be byist but it looks like the perfect fit all the way around!

Reactions: oly1981
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I know where you are coming from this desision tore me up. But I don't regret it for a second. I went with the 27x12 all the way around and on the bighorns it measures almost a full 28 in height. I want the extra sidewall flex to help with the ride, I posted a picture and hope this helps you. Kind of nice as well if you get a spare mounted as I plan to do that is universal. I love the look as well trying to be byist but it looks like the perfect fit all the way around!
Any rubbing when u turn?

oly1981

oly1981

Feb 18, 2016
Lewiston Idaho

hey thanks for the up date! I like the blue! I pick mine up saturday, I got the blue too looks bad ass! I hadn't thought about going 27X12's all the way around. question about clearance on the front, did you have to trim the frame at all? What wheel width, offset did you end up with? I was thinking that I would go 5.0-2.0 on the offset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Any rubbing when u turn?
At full turn it does and I knew it would. I will trim the frame and weld a new plate on it.
hey thanks for the up date! I like the blue! I pick mine up saturday, I got the blue too looks bad ass! I hadn't thought about going 27X12's all the way around. question about clearance on the front, did you have to trim the frame at all and what wheel wide, offset did you end up with? I was thinking that I would go 5.0-2.0 on the offset.
yep will do the frame mod Saturday, I got the strong made bumper and will completely mod it as well. The frame mod is a simple plug and play and wife picked the blue and I agree I'm loving it!

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Done!!!! The dealer sent a picture of her about an hour ago... I'm about excited as the night before hunting season

View attachment 10572
Very nice. Wish I could install after market wheels without making the P-5 wider than 51"!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice. Wish I could install after market wheels without making the P-5 wider than 51"!
Yeah...
the custom wheels & tires
give the p500 a awesome. ...
Stance....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah...
the custom wheels & tires
give the p500 a awesome. ...
Stance....
Right, but where's the custom wheels that don't make it wider???

oly1981

oly1981

Feb 18, 2016
Lewiston Idaho
At full turn it does and I knew it would. I will trim the frame and weld a new plate on it.

yep will do the frame mod Saturday, I got the strong made bumper and will completely mod it as well. The frame mod is a simple plug and play and wife picked the blue and I agree I'm loving it!

Stacy,

Any update on how your liking your 500, I'm very curious how the tires are working out.

Thanks

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Stacy,

Any update on how your liking your 500, I'm very curious how the tires are working out.

Thanks
I absolutely love them, 0 regrets... I will be adding some mud flares to at least the front. But along with trimming the frame that was to be expected. The dealer said it was the sharpest wheel tire combo to leave thier shop. I'm very pleased with the ride and response of the machine. I will try to post a updated picture of her transformation.

oly1981

oly1981

Feb 18, 2016
Lewiston Idaho
I absolutely love them, 0 regrets... I will be adding some mud flares to at least the front. But along with trimming the frame that was to be expected. The dealer said it was the sharpest wheel tire combo to leave thier shop. I'm very pleased with the ride and response of the machine. I will try to post a updated picture of her transformation.

That would be great, very interest in its progress. I've order a bunch of stuff for mine, still haven't ordered the tires and wheels yet.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Stacy,
My two cents. I went with 9x26 and 11x26 Bighorns on stock wheels for the ride (as jak mentioned) and to maintain the width that fits in the pickup bed. I'm very glad I didn't go any taller. No rubbing, no frame mod. But a significantly improved ride. The only down side is a slightly noticeable loss of power. My buddy still has stock tires and following each other on the trail, we use to be in the same gear always. Not anymore. Haven't had the opportunity to check the top end yet but I can tell it's going to be a little faster, although I've never maxed it before. My speed is crawling those rugged forest trails in L and 2.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!