Another Semi Epic Trip to the Northwest.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tomorrow starts a new beginning of exploration and adventure! I've been delaying my trip west for the past few weeks hoping the smoke would clear, so I could go adventuring and look for a permanent home in the NW and preferably Idaho. I've been pouring over maps and real estate listings in my free time and I can no longer wait. The urge to leave has become too great and the NW Mountains and deserts are calling me and I must heed their beckoning. I do still plan on attending the Utah ride at the end of September.
As the trip becomes more interesting I'll post up some photos and details of my travels but, I can only imagine the journey there will be typical interstate commonality. Tomorrow there's supposed to be a cold front coming down from Alaska into the pacific NW, that will hopefully bring some precipitation, which should help with the fires and smoke. If that happens then I'm making a Bee line straight to north Idaho where eventually I'll hook up with @CumminsPusher and whomever else wants to go riding. If the weather fails to clear, I may just head to the Arapeen trail system in Utah and wait to see if the NW smoke situation clears. Either way, I'll be out for at least 2-3 months and will be in Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas and or Nebraska, S Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and ??? If anyone wants to ride, hit me up and let's go explore this great nation together!

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Tomorrow starts a new beginning of exploration and adventure! I've been delaying my trip west for the past few weeks hoping the smoke would clear, so I could go adventuring and look for a permanent home in the NW and preferably Idaho. I've been pouring over maps and real estate listings in my free time and I can no longer wait. The urge to leave has become too great and the NW Mountains and deserts are calling me and I must heed their beckoning. I do still plan on attending the Utah ride at the end of September.
As the trip becomes more interesting I'll post up some photos and details of my travels but, I can only imagine the journey there will be typical interstate commonality. Tomorrow there's supposed to be a cold front coming down from Alaska into the pacific NW, that will hopefully bring some precipitation, which should help with the fires and smoke. If that happens then I'm making a Bee line straight to north Idaho where eventually I'll hook up with @CumminsPusher and whomever else wants to go riding. If the weather fails to clear, I may just head to the Arapeen trail system in Utah and wait to see if the NW smoke situation clears. Either way, I'll be out for at least 2-3 months and will be in Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas and or Nebraska, S Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and ??? If anyone wants to ride, hit me up and let's go explore this great nation together!
Stop talking about it and get on the road! o_O

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
safe travels & I wish you well on finding a new home. please send pics. for those of us stuck in the flatlands.
I'll be on the eastern edge of Nebraska.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Good luck, be careful and have fun. I'll be trolling along with you on this thread ;)

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just pulled into Kentucky. Hotter and more humid than NC.

Reactions: DG Rider
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think a warm front moved in overnight. It was fairly cool yesterday.
99* in St Louis. Feels like a convection oven outside. I made it to Wentzville. Got a room at the Quality Inn. Tomorrow I’ll Head up to Sioux Falls and the next to Rapid City SD. From there I may take a more leisurely route up to Idaho. I’m already 5 hours past my original destination for today. It was too early and way too hot to stop in Illinois as originally planned.
I saw a number of cool old cars including Scooby-Doo’s Mystery Machine. Could not get a picture but it was spot on. I also saw a bunch of HUMVEE’s and two Striker 6 or 8 ? wheeled armored cars.
0A188E9F 8363 4BDE B5EF 5CBF0BAE9338

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Beautiful over here now. Getting a ton of much needed rain. Temps are going to be perfect for a big ride.
Thinking maybe cruise over to Avery and ride to Wallace if down. Never been on that but I heard there are a dozen tunnels and bridges along the way, supposed to be gorgeous. 78 mile loop Avery-Wallace and 84 mile loop Marie’s-Avery so 162. I’m down if everyone else is.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Beautiful over here now. Getting a ton of much needed rain. Temps are going to be perfect for a big ride.
Thinking maybe cruise over to Avery and ride to Wallace if down. Never been on that but I heard there are a dozen tunnels and bridges along the way, supposed to be gorgeous. 78 mile loop Avery-Wallace and 84 mile loop Marie’s-Avery so 162. I’m down if everyone else is.
Ok

Reactions: CumminsPusher
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw a WW 2 -6 pounder anti tank gun on a trailer going opposite direction. Way cool!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I drove that a few years ago so yes let’s do it! I’ll show you a freaky trail! At least for a full size truck...

2BA7DE35 AB2F 49BB A2C0 4CDCAA534686 F8C5F183 106D 4D00 95F8 DE5670A33759 D2F0ABF2 6BA7 47E4 AC0B 1D6D62167077 DC9B4733 DAA3 4826 BF61 71A1FD96E80E 9C6F770F A271 4596 BDC6 591F941E1151 C723E7EF 64A6 48D3 8E2E 3961C4BCAACB

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: popeye

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!